Sdn Diego debarkation luggage

tomculb

More as a matter of principal than anything else, I avoided the irritating luggage charges by booking us on Southwest to San Diego, but I realize now I may have shot myself in the foot.

The ship returns early in the morning, our flight out is in the evening, we had planned to do some pedestrian sight-seeing during the day, and SWA does not participate in the ship-board baggage checking service HAL has with some other airlines. So the question becomes what to do with our luggage for the day. I called the Holiday Inn across the street, where we're staying the night before we depart, and was told by a very nice lady that they cannot keep our luggage on the following weekend -- apparently they get this request all the time. Her only suggestion was to rent a car for the day. Which raises a couple of questions:

1. We can change our before-cruise hotel reservation: has anyone had better luck elsewhere getting a hotel to check bags for the day, if you're spending a night the week before but not the night you need the bags checked?

2. Viewing this as a blessing in disguise, any must-see suggestions for things to do around San Diego with a car? We have been to La Jolla and Coronado, but if the weather is good walking around in the Cabrillo National Monument looks intriguing. Anyone spent time out there, or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

I called the Holiday Inn across the street, where we're staying the night before we depart, and was told by a very nice lady that they cannot keep our luggage on the following weekend -- apparently they get this request all the time. Her only suggestion was to rent a car for the day.

I wonder if it is a service that the Bell hops do and management doesnt know about it because i have read multiple reviews for my up coming cruise on the Spirit where people tipped the bell hop and they held their baggage for them while they went to the zoo or various places before a evening flight.

Maybe call the hotel and ask to be connected to the bell hop or luggage services or whatever the name is these days and ask them. I am wondering if maybe they do it on the sly for the extra tip money.

Archived