So Excited.. Can't stand it!

I have "semi-packed"! I have everything in the suitcases, just not ironed and packed correctly. Just in there so I know what fits where and to see if I need more or less. I guess I will take it out to iron and re-pack a day or so before. I'm gonna try the tissue paper wrapping trick on our dinner clothes. I learned that from CC! I also have wrinkle releaser and hangers and a lint brush. Gonna use my hair straightener to iron if needed. I tested it the other day and it worked great, especially on creasing..lol

I have checked and double checked our documents and passports. Plus we have letters from absent parents to keep up with. All of this makes me nervous. You can bet that once we have cleared embarktion, I will be so relieved and relaxed. They will be calling me "Dod" (for Drink Of the Day)

• 2 weeks later...

We are sitting in our room at the Harbor House looking at the Ecstasy. She arrived right on time. No fog...Thank you Lord! Just a little while now and we will be heading over. We bearly slept last night, and doubt we will until we are phisically drained from fun.

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and tips. You have already made our first cruise enjoyable and less stressful.

I'll get my review up a.s.a.p!

We won't be connected onboard, so I'll see y'all when we return.

Thanks again!

Wow, you just sailed today! Congrats! And, you're not alone. I booked my first cruise a few weeks ago and I haven't done anything since but stay on Cruise Critic! LOL. I have such a loooong way to go! I can't seem to bring myself back to reality. I just sit and plan and daydream about that day when I cruise. LOL. Enjoy your cruise! :)

We still have 62 days to go. That seems like forever! :p

However, I have already made lists, shopped for necessities and pulled out the clothes to start making decisions...the DH thinks I am crazy. :D

We only have 17 days until ours leaves, but I have started getting everything ready and I'm going to be so good at packing. My husband already is. The time will fly quickly for your cruise, you wait and see. Have a good time.

We are sitting in our room at the Harbor House looking at the Ecstasy. She arrived right on time. No fog...Thank you Lord! Just a little while now and we will be heading over. We bearly slept last night, and doubt we will until we are phisically drained from fun.

Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and tips. You have already made our first cruise enjoyable and less stressful.

I'll get my review up a.s.a.p!

We won't be connected onboard, so I'll see y'all when we return.

Thanks again!

TXHillbillyGirl, reading your posts has made me excited like I'm getting ready for my first cruise! Awesome.... I hope you are having a great cruise and please write a few words about your fun when you come out of your post cruise funk and the floor stops moving :eek::eek:

Now I know I'm "normal"! Or as normal as eveyone else here on CC...lol! I made the kids a countdown calendar (me one too) and they get excited marking a day off every morning. (me too)

Thanks for all of the great advise. I've written it down in my notebook. My husband laughs at me and the notebook and my "studying", but I told him some of the "tricks" and money saving tips, and he's not laughing any more. He's even asking me to post questions for him.

Again, thanks for the input and feel free to add to it!

I have been on more cruises than I can count, with three more booked this summer. I actually get more excited for each cruise. I still keep a notebook for all of my cruises with all of my planning (excursions, tour companies, name of beaches, etc...) for each cruise.

Have a great time!

• 2 weeks later...

I really appreate all the tips and advice. Im getting ready to book two cruises back to back. I live in Alaska so I figured I would book two 7 day cruises back to back.

I will litterly get off one ship and then board the next ship the same day. Im going to do a mystery cruise then a singles cruise on two differnt cruiselines but going to the same location.

Im leaving out of Long Beach and cruising through Mexico.

Ive traveled all over the world but ive never taken a cruise so im really excited to read all the information. Im a light packer and do carry on only and will still do so for the cruising.

However I love reading all the tips and have learned a lot thanks,

Adri :)

What is it that makes you prefer the Fuji better than Kodak?? I am leaving Sunday and need a underwater camera. Thanks

I just bought a Sony TX5 that is shock proof to 5 feet and waterproof (for underwater pics), and it is great there is a blur feature that takes about 6 photos as the think you are taking a picture of is moving and puts them together to make the best photo, i have yet to have one come out blurry.

Plus there is a auto smile feature, you turn it on and can take your own photos with it because it recognized your smile, if you are a self portrait junkie like me...my DH has longer arms so he usually ends up taking the pics.

Good luck on the camera hunt...we have also had a Fuji and my DH loved it but he is a photo guy and I am technically challenged so I like Sony b/c of the dummy proof features.

Archived