Happy Place

Hey everyone! I am trying to patiently wait for my first cruise in November, but it's hard! I am a stay at home mom of two active and beautiful young children (3 and 10 months old). On days where the nonstop craziness of potty training, temper tantrums, and both of them getting into everything gets to me, I stop and try to imagine myself on my cruise--that's my happy place! The only thing is that I've never been on one before, and that's where all you lovely people come in. For those of you who have cruised before I need you to help me expand on my happy place! I would love to hear your favorite spots on the ship, or on any stops that you've made in the past that always make you smile when you think about them. Or maybe it's some sort of drink or food that you just love having. Thanks for your feedback, and God bless! :)

hi. i'm the same way. when i'm stressed out or just want to think of cruising i picture myself on the pool deck in the loungers by the window enjoying a great view and sipping on a cold drink, i also like to do the same thing on our balcony. just sitting and relaxing. my next favorite happy place is on a beach soaking up some rays and sipping on a cold drink, a warm breeze flowing across my slightly suntanned face and enjoying the feel of the soft sand in my toes. geez, wish i was there now. we'll be on a cruise in november also on the explorer. which sail date and ship are you?

my happy place is in the crown lounge at sunset overlooking the pool with a rusty nail in one hand and holding my wife with the other..........

I keep 3 pics in my brief case for those high stress times..

1- my daughter in Labadee (my fav pic)

2-my son in Roatan sitting on a doc getting ready to snorkel

3-my wife looking over the rail with the ocean in the background

those thoughts can get me through anything

Voyager is a beautiful ship, I was on her last spring with my DW. She says her favorite place is in the solarium (Adults only) pool with a strawberry daquari in one hand and massaging her husbands scalp with the other. :D Mine Too!

Listening to the three blasts of the ships horn signaling vacation is about to begin. On my first cruise, when I heard the horn, I felt about twenty years of stress melt away like magic.

Standing on the rail of the aft deck and watching the ships wake behind me. Of course this is always bittersweet when departing the last port and heading back home again. Then it's time to start planning the next adventure.

Hope your time flies by. We booked almost a year ago and I've probably checked into cruisecritic just about everyday to pass the time. We are down to just a few short weeks now. Can't wait.

Laying in a lounge chair at 11 PM just enjoying the breeze, pitch black sky and the beautiful stars. Oh how I miss that!

Oh My Yes! I totally agree with you.

Also, watching the sun set or come up. One of the most beautiful sights in the world. Oh, and a rainbow which I have only seen once in St. Thomas, but I have not forgotten the beauty of it.

My happy place is sitting on my balcony, early in the morning, wearing a white bathrobe (will take my own) and drinking a coffee, while my DH is sleeping peacefully in the cabin!!! I am a morning person and can't wait to watch the sunrise :cool:

Of course all this is in my imagination as I haven't been on a cruise for 21 years ;)

My thoughts of my cruise are getting me through each day :D

My happy place is somewhere during a sea day where we won't get cell phone or internet reception (yes, we could, but I won't pay for it on vacation!), which means my husband and I are not checking our phones every second of every day and online checking emails, etc. This was one of the reasons we started cruising again last year and it was the best decision we made. Now we have so many beautiful memories of vacations together uninterrupted by regular life - that life spent working waiting to vacation again.

Hi folks

My special place is at the mountain top on St Thomas overlooking Magens Bay - truly beautiful, I had never seen anything like that place in real life before.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1760294&l=a17b0e33b6&id=644527543

not sure if the link will work

Wow--that is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing that with all of us.

I love all the replies and can't wait to experience these for myself. Thanks everyone!

Archived