Orient Beach questions

dagtoking1

How much will it cost for a cab to get to Orient? We are only two people. Also, how much for chair/umbrella rentals? We are trying to decide between doing it on our own or a Beach excursion though the cruise line. Thanks!

How much will it cost for a cab to get to Orient? We are only two people. Also, how much for chair/umbrella rentals? We are trying to decide between doing it on our own or a Beach excursion though the cruise line. Thanks!

If you share with others (and this should be possible - since many people at the taxi stand will be going to Orient Beach and most taxis are mini-vans) it will cost you about $6 each one way. If you get a taxi just for the two of you, the taxi will cost about $18 (so $9 each) one way.

Chair/umbella rentals vary somewhat depending on which beach bar you rent from. If you "shop around" a little you should have no problem getting two loungers and an umbella for $20 (or less). Some places will also include a free drink.

So - to do Orient beach on your own will cost you (for taxi there and back (sharing assumed) and loungers) approximately $45 in total (certainly no more than $50 in total). At $25 each I think that is probably less than any cruise excursion that includes just transport and loungers AND bare in mind that if you do it yourselves, it will be on YOUR schedule and on the part of the beach that YOU select. Personally in my opinion you should do it on your own. Taxis are easy to get at the port and at Orient Beach and there are many chair concessions to choose from.

Here is a link to cab prices: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gtaylor/Taxi/?action=view&current=DSCN3859.jpg

Here is a link to photos of the beach bars:

http://edsandra.com/photos2005/SmallOrientPanorama.htm

If you are looking for best prices have the cab driver drop you off at the south end near Pedros which is just north of the C.O. area at Club Orient. The beach bars there are the lower priced ones for drinks and chair rentals, as you walk north you'll see a bunch. The nicer places from Kon Tiki and Kako north are more appealing to me and have a nicer atmosphere at the restaurants in my opinion, but also charge more. some of the restaurants in that area are fancier than others and have high prices.

Our favorite place is Kakao.

Most of the larger group cabs drop off towards the south end near Pedros but some cab drivers will want to go to one of the nicer club areas to drop off - I presume they have a special interest in these either relating to friendships or monetary rewards from the owners.

If you want to be in a less crowded section of the beach have them take you to Boo Boo Jam at the northern end. I don't think it is as nice there but not as crowded either.

Thx for posting the rate board - I am sure people will find it very useful.

BTW - for anyone going to Orient Beach - sharing a taxi is VERY easy because most of the taxis are vans - so it is not hard to get the $6 pp rate.

LOVE Orient Beach! Specifically Bikini Beach...it is broken into sections and that part has a wonderful bar/restaurant, gift shop,play area for kids?,and most important BATHROOMS!!!! I have been toward the end of the beach where it is almost au natural and the ameneties are not like this!Keep in mind there are people nude,or topless on orient beach but is it one of the best beaches ever! and I have been to many! You will love it! :)

• 2 months later...
where would you suggest going on Orient Beach for the water activities. Also which part is not clothing optional

Mid beach seems to have most of the water activities.

BTW - you could see nude people walking by at ANY point along the beach BUT Club Orient is where the C.O. resort is located - so obviously most nude people will be there (extreme south end of the beach - to your right facing the ocean). On the rest of the beach you will only see the occasional nude walker.

We are planning on visiting Orient Beach in a couple of weeks. We would like to be near a restaurant/bar but aren't looking for "fancy" food. We are looking for sandwiches, burgers, etc. Does someone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Gary

We are planning on visiting Orient Beach in a couple of weeks. We would like to be near a restaurant/bar but aren't looking for "fancy" food. We are looking for sandwiches, burgers, etc. Does someone have a recommendation?

Thanks,

Gary

We often just walk the beach and look at menus along the way. Most of the restaurants there serve this type of food, a good number only this type of food. The places closest to the South end (near Pedros on the maps above) will be the least expensive.

Thanks,

Gary

You might also want to check out "Andy and Cheryl's" (formerly Baywatch) a little bit north of Pedros. Run by a friendly couple of expats from NJ. Bring folding money as they take no plastic and treat $ and Euros the same. This picture shows the menu board and part of their great collection of license plates and NJ road signs.

2784458280096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived