Cliff diving in Mazatlan

purplerules

Any body know first hand about the cliff diving and is it worth taking a look see? If so were is it exactly?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

It is interesting, and as Sofi said, it is a few minutes well spent. It is along the Malecon and almost directly behind the big hill with the red and white towers that you can see from the ship. The pulmonia (open air taxi) drivers know when the divers will be there, and if you take a tour with them, they will get you there at the right time.

The divers go off a platform into a narrow cut in the rocky shore, and have to time their dives so they hit the water when it is deepest.

The cliff divers are ok. Nothing compared to what you would see in Acapulco. I've been to Mexico many times and typically the vendors don't bother me as we all have to make a living. I just say no thanks and move on. However, in February at the cliff divers in Mazatlan it actually bothered me how many people were coming up. It seemed like every 30 seconds or so. I wouldn't go again.

Archived