St. Lawrence Gap

Abberboo

So I am analyizing the maps - I have been all over downtown Bridgetown when there on a cruise, and thought I hit all the areas for shopping down there but am just now reading about St. Lawrence Gap - this seems to be near or in Bridgetown, is it in the same area as say Diamonds International as a landmark? The part I actually want to visit when I am there is The Chattel Village - I found this on the Facebook Barbados Encyclopedia site - http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v651/119/116/43203993387/n43203993387_1379733_6732.jpg

So I am analyizing the maps - I have been all over downtown Bridgetown when there on a cruise, and thought I hit all the areas for shopping down there but am just now reading about St. Lawrence Gap - this seems to be near or in Bridgetown, is it in the same area as say Diamonds International as a landmark? The part I actually want to visit when I am there is The Chattel Village - I found this on the Facebook Barbados Encyclopedia site - http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v651/119/116/43203993387/n43203993387_1379733_6732.jpg

St Lawrence Gap is not near or in Bridgetown. It is between Worthing and Maxwell coast. A section of it is One way traffic so if you are driving enter from the western end. The end with Pices and cafe sol.

The Chattel village is opposite the eastern end of Southern palms hotel near to the Dover beach entrance.

SLG is an area set aside for bars & places to eat, late night drinking & Clubbing sort of place, can get rowdy later on, set amongst the cheaper hotels & guest houses. If that is what you want it is perfect, if not perfectly awful!

Thanks for your help! I mostly just wanted to go to the The Chattel village there which looked like some shops. I ended up finding a good map online, it appears its South of the shopping and downtown Bridgetown area, is that correct? Is it really far from there?

Archived