Formal Nights on the Legend...

ro80

Typically on a 7 day cruise with 2 sea days, they seem to fall on the sea days, which on the Legend are Monday and Saturday...but maybe not since we've gotten 2 Friday answers. Hmmm...I wish I knew for sure, we're trying to do the Golden Fleece on the Friday, which is our anniversary, but we'd hate to sacrifice a formal night in the MDR.

We're embarking on LEGEND this Sunday ...according to the schedule Carnival provided us, "Elegant" nights will be the "at sea" nights - Monday and Saturday. There will be port visits Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

The formal nights on the Legend are Monday and Friday. We were on the Feb 28th sailing. Yes formal nights are usually on the sea days but not when the sea day is the last night. People are packing up for the next morning so the cruise lines really don't like to have the formal night on that last one We left Roatan early on Friday so Friday is the formal night.

I'm not sure if those who are saying Saturday have actually sailed on the Legend. One of my favorite dishes is the lamb and that was served on Thursday. The lobster night was Monday.

BTW, have a great cruise. The Legend was one of my favorite ships, great crew-great itinerary.

Does anyone know exactly what days of the week are the formal nights are on the Legend???

Your being made the butt of a joke here.:mad:

There are no more Formal nights and there have been none for almost 2 years now.

You can even wear dress shorts in the MDR almost everynight except on what they call elegant night.pants and a dressy shirt are all that is needed.

Steve

Your being made the butt of a joke here.:mad:

There are no more Formal nights and there have been none for almost 2 years now.

You can even wear dress shorts in the MDR almost everynight except on what they call elegant night.pants and a dressy shirt are all that is needed.

Steve

Not true - I don't think anyone who responded to the OP was making him the butt of a joke. We just got back from our first cruise. It was aboard the Legend, and to ME, a formal night or an elegant night are the same thing. Both require nicer clothing than other evenings on the cruise. I understand that it used to be a lot more formal back in the day - but don't presume people are poking fun at the OP. That was quite rude.

Not true - I don't think anyone who responded to the OP was making him the butt of a joke. We just got back from our first cruise. It was aboard the Legend, and to ME, a formal night or an elegant night are the same thing. Both require nicer clothing than other evenings on the cruise. I understand that it used to be a lot more formal back in the day - but don't presume people are poking fun at the OP. That was quite rude.

Anyone who has cruised in the last year know's that it is gone and anyone here who has more than 100 post's should also know based on all the threads each and every week.

The problem is we had one poster in this thread ask about the dress code for the other days and stated two informal and three casual.

This is someone who does/did not know they were gone.It is this incorrect statement that is wrong.

Did anyone correct them and tell them that the correct answer is ....2 informal and the rest casual? No! They left them thinking they needed Formal attire which is wrong for a new cruiser.:mad:

Steve

Steve I am sure that I am being thick here but will you please clarify.

Is it:

Two Elegant nights and the rest casual

or Two Elegant nights, two informal and the rest casual?

Makes a difference to me, and i am just talking about me not what others chose to do, because informal means long pants and casual means shorts.

Thanks to all who answered.

Steve I am sure that I am being thick here but will you please clarify.

Is it:

Two Elegant nights and the rest casual

or Two Elegant nights, two informal and the rest casual?

Makes a difference to me, and i am just talking about me not what others chose to do, because informal means long pants and casual means shorts.

Thanks to all who answered.

Hi FAD,

There are 2 Elegant nights and the rest will be casual.

Steve

a formal night or an elegant night are the same thing. That was quite rude.

They are the same thing.

And yes, as opposed to being helpful, or possibly trying to be funny, once again failed miserably, and was indeed rude.

Archived