Land's End Cabo San Lucas

sunsail

We will be heading south around the end of Baja going into Cabo San Lucas. Will we get a good view of Land's End and Los Arcos from the cruise ship. Trying to decide whether to give up any time in port to take an excursion as we don't have but a few hours in port.

I would take an excursion for a couple of hours. Just take the tender and people on shore will approach you re a boatride out to Los Arcos. Negotiate the rates down to $15-20pp depending on the size of your group. Sometimes large groups negotiated $12pp.

On the Carnival Pride, one of my fondest memories is standing with my friends at the rear of the ship and seeing Los Arcos and the rest of the lovely topography as we pulled out of port. The weather was perfect and we were there for a good hour just looking at the lovely scenery.

Have a great time!

We will be heading south around the end of Baja going into Cabo San Lucas. Will we get a good view of Land's End and Los Arcos from the cruise ship. Trying to decide whether to give up any time in port to take an excursion as we don't have but a few hours in port.

One of the most memorable times of my life was sailing into the Sea of Cortez at daybreak. It was our first cruise, our first time in Cabo.

Then again as we sailed away, the view was perfect. No matter what time, no matter where your ship is positioned, it's just perfect.

If you want to be certain you return to your ship before it sails, book an excursion with the ship.

A good tour to check into would be the Lands End Tour through Cabo San Lucas Tours. According to their website it is only 2.5hrs long and includes the following:

• Hotel or cruise ship pickup and dropoff
  • Round-trip, Air-Conditioned Van Transportation
  • English Speaking Tour Guide
  • Glass Bottom Boat Ride
  • Tequila Tasting
  • Shopping Time
  • Soft Drinks & Water

This is the one we are going to be doing when we go in June. You can get to their website by going to http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/Lands-End-Tour.htm You can probably find other websites that offer tours in Cabo just by searching Cabo San Lucas excursions or tours.

you have a good view from the ship, yet a boat tour is great way to see cabo's beautiful bay

lands end in rear of pic below

IMG_7230.jpg

up close of the arch

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_8730b.jpg

then perhaps a stop on Medano beach for more bay views and a snack

IMG_1073.jpg

Are you sailing Princess? If not, what hours are you in port? What types of excursions do you like to do? I've been on cruises to Cabo 8 times. I typically will take an early excursion (have done several types) and then spend a few hours in port. However, if you want to just stay in the port area you can do as suggested and take a glass bottom boat over to Land's End and then either go to Medano Beach if you are a beach and beach activity lover or stay in the marina and shopping area in town. There are lots of shops and restaurants to meander through there.

We are on Sea Princess and will be in port from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. We want to spend time looking around the port but I want a good look at Land's End. We have our own sailboat and hope to sail down to Cabo San Lucas some day.

Can't beat a glass bottom boat ride. Takes about 45 minutes and you'll see Lands end up close and personal. Don't pay or offer more than $10 per person. Shopping is right there as you get off the tender, and you will be accosted by any number of people offering panga rides out to the rocks. Great photo ops ! and if you like, you can have the boat driver drop you off on Lover's beach and pick you up later.

Archived