Thank You

lancashire_cruisers

I started a thread quite a while ago asking for help in deciding what to do as a family during our 2 day cruise stop in New Orleans. Well we got back from our cruise today and I just wanted to thank all the people who took the time to share their knowledge.

We had an amazing time and LOVED New Orleans! She's such a beautiful city and the people are fantastic. We'll be back for a second visit for sure!

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Debbie:D

I started a thread quite a while ago asking for help in deciding what to do as a family during our 2 day cruise stop in New Orleans. Well we got back from our cruise today and I just wanted to thank all the people who took the time to share their knowledge.

We had an amazing time and LOVED New Orleans! She's such a beautiful city and the people are fantastic. We'll be back for a second visit for sure!

Thank you, thank you, thank you

Debbie:D

What did your family do in New Orleans? Where did you stay, eat, etc. Love that city!

What did your family do in New Orleans? Where did you stay, eat, etc. Love that city!

Hi

We were on a 35 night round trip from Southampton in the UK so didn't need accommodation in the city. We were berthed in the city for 2 days and were slightly delayed on the first day due to having to clear US Immigration, but nothing too drastic.

The food was great and we really enjoyed Cafe du Monde and a place that our buggy driver pointed out that I've forgotten the name of. I'm ashamed to admit that we also ate at the Hard Rock Cafe but our 10 year old daughter had never been to America before so we wanted to give her a taste of an American institution.

We rode the streetcar, took a buggy ride around the French Quarter, bargained in the French Market, cruised on the Natchez Steamboat, were serenaded by various street performers (I'll never forget being sung 'What it means to miss New Orleans' by an old gentleman with a great voice and an accomplished musician), visited Mardi Gras World, and just generally wandered about taking in the atmosphere.

There's a whole list of things that we wanted to do but didn't have the time unfortunately - it just means we've got an excuse to go back:D.

New Orleans was everything I hoped it would be and the people were just so warm and welcoming.

Debbie:)

Archived