Just off Legend from 03/14 - 03/21

Port of Tampa is great and easy. We've been on the Legend and Miracle out of Tampa. nice that we live here too.

We were on one of the first ships with this itinerary and the port in Roatan was not what it is today. We can't decide if we like it better the way it was or how it is now. Pros and Cons for both but it is still our favorite port either way. The first time we rented scooters from Capt. Van, against everyone's advice and had a great time. There were some really big potholes but other than that it was really fun. The second time we went to St. Anthony's and did the dolphin encounter. That was amazing. There is a reef just off the West End beach that is a great snorkling location as well.

Belize is a different story. Don't go anywhere outside of the port area by yourself. Belize City is a slum now. It was the capital and a nice place but was hit by a hurricane a number of years ago and they moved the capital to a different location leaving many without work. Also there are no building codes and you do not have to pay property taxes on a home that is not complete. So a lot of the residents don't finish their homes to avoid the taxes. All very sad. However, if you go to the interior of the country (Mayan ruins, cave tubing, etc.) it is beautiful. Just go in a group.

Sorry for the lengthy post.

Great review-we were on the same cruise as you! Also deck 6-(I know what you're talking about with the extended balconies on deck 5...if they stayed on their chairs I suppose they had privacy the only time we saw any of them was if they were by their railings.)

Oh and I have a question-how on earth did you keep the balcony door open with the door stop? We had a step over part of the door to get out onto the balcony in our room-in fact what we did was used that little stool thing by the mirror to prop the door open a couple times...shhhhhhh don't tell:p

I'm going to work on my review this weekend...it will be very long with pictures. It was our first cruise and we had a great time!!!!

Wee Jimmy was hilarious!!! Then again maybe I just loved his accent :D

Archived