Captain Zodiac Question

AussieKathy

My friend is booked on the POA and has booked directly with Captain Zodiac saves $100. She has booked for 8am check in and leaves at 8:15am. Ships gets into port at 7am and is a tender port. Only leave her 1 hour to get off the ship.

Just wanted to know other people experiences that have booked directly with Captain Zodiac in the same 8am time slot. Have you got off in time? Do they wait for you?

Here's the e-mail I got from them - based on that, if we decide on an early trip I will go with NCL. If we book an afternoon snorkel, I think I will book direct with CZ - hope this helps:

On Wednesday's we operate 2 departures for NCL (an AM and PM). You can choose either departure- both are identical tours. We customize our times to conform with the times that the cruise ship is in port. Another important fact is that we bring all our Zodiacs to the cruise ship pier, so there is NO ground transportation necessary. Our representatives are on the pier to check the guests in and then you walk several yards over to where our Zodiacs are docked. So it is "pier to pier" service. Please note that Kona is a tender port, the ship anchors in the bay and you must ride the ships tenders to the pier. We are waiting right where you get off the tenders.

This is where we drop you off after the tour, as well. If you choose the AM tour, it is up to you to get on a tender and arrive on the pier for a 8am check-in. This is slightly challenging because the tenders in the AM are reserved for excursions booked through the ship. If you choose the PM departure you can take your time coming over in the late morning, take a look around the village of Kona and meet back on the pier by 12:30pm. There is no need to be concerned about not returning in time for the last tender- we do this every single week and the ship is notified by us when the last Zodiac has dropped off the afternoon guests. If you have concerns for the morning, getting off in time, then the afternoon is what you should book.

Our on-line booking policy for our discounted rates has a strict 48 hour cancellation policy. When you book through the ship, if the ship cancels coming to Kona, all the Kona tours are refunded. The ship having to cancel for weather is a rare occurrence that has happened maybe once or twice in the last 8 years. You have nothing to worry about in July!

Credit cards are charged on the day of the tour and receipt brought to you.

Archived