Explorer of the Seas out of NJ "sea" question

Just got off the phone with our TA and booked a Family Oceanview on the Nov. 19th sailing on the Explorer (ironically RCI directly said there were no family oceanviews available or I would have booked directly with them!). The last time we sailed out of Boston the seas were on the rougher side so I'm a bit concerned about the Northern Atlantic and being in a room that is in the front of the ship (on deck 7). Anyone sailed out of NJ in the November time frame with a room in a similar location?

Also, anyone have any pictures of the family oceanview? I know it will be tight (we are a family of 6....ages 8, 8, 11, 13) but it was considerably cheaper to do a family oceanview compared to adjoining oceanviews.

Just got off the phone with our TA and booked a Family Oceanview on the Nov. 19th sailing on the Explorer (ironically RCI directly said there were no family oceanviews available or I would have booked directly with them!). The last time we sailed out of Boston the seas were on the rougher side so I'm a bit concerned about the Northern Atlantic and being in a room that is in the front of the ship (on deck 7). Anyone sailed out of NJ in the November time frame with a room in a similar location?

Also, anyone have any pictures of the family oceanview? I know it will be tight (we are a family of 6....ages 8, 8, 11, 13) but it was considerably cheaper to do a family oceanview compared to adjoining oceanviews.

Sorry, I can't answer your other questions, but we are sailing on Explorer in June, and I found this great site with photos:

Family Oceanview Gallery

Hope that helps!

Sue

There is always a chance of bumpy seas...but there is also an equal chance of not so bad seas...:D

We've done 7 cruises on Ex and are about to do 8 and 9...all but 1 (so far) have been in winter and we've had everything from fairly smooth to "Yikes I can't walk a straight line and I am sober" seas.....

YOu never know...but don't let the chance of a bouncy ride deter you....Ex is a great ship!

(and only once was it so rough that i carried a "BAG" around with me....i'm not one to get seasick...):eek:

Archived