Cooler

mh1973

12X12X12... that's it.

This information from Carnival's FAQs should answer your question...

Large cooler restrictions:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its ships. However small, personal-sized coolers, no larger than 12”H x 12”L x 12”W for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process. Therefore, large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

The 'small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages' seems to be a couple twelve packs of soda...

:)

What size cooler can we carry onboard and does it have to be collapsible? Can we carry our own sodas and juice pouches onboard?

As Host Mach said 12x12x12. No it doesn't have to be collapsible. We bring a small hardside Coleman on every cruise. And yes you can bring on sodas and juice. Lynda

We found the perfect cooler a couple years ago and can't live without it on cruises. It's a rolling collapsible cooler that looks nothing like a cooler, it looks like carry on luggage so no one stops me to check it's size. It's about 3 feet tall and a foot wide. I use it as my carry on when we get on the plane and when we get on the ship. It easily fits under your airline seat. It's great because I don't have to carry my stuff I just put everything in the rolling cooler. When going on excursions I fill it with drinks and then use the empty cooler for souvenirs on the way back to the ship. It's great not having to carry all my purchases, I just stick them in the cooler and pull it along beside me. It's also great for wet swimsuits and towels. :D

Archived