Early Saver

cjackso8

So, I know that every once in a while theres a flood of "upgrade fairy" threads, and of course when I need to see one, they are nowhere to be found.

That being said, I've always booked cruises through third party websites, where the upgrade fairy doesn't exsist. I'm thinking about booking Victory for Feb of next year (for my honeymoon!!! ;)) and I would be booking early saver for an 8A balcony. Do people ever get calls for upsells for early saver?

Thanks for any input!

From what I have read on all other ES threads is that you need to keep checking carnival site for price drops. Nobody will call you. I filled out my first form yesterday. As long as you see a drop for the same category you booked fill out the form on carnival. You can send one in everytime you see a drop.

I am VERY frustrated with Carnival and ES bookings. I submitted one for a 1A inside guarantee cabin and they denied because I guess "technically" it is a downgrade from what I have booked. (1A with a cabin picked)

So, they offered me an upgrade, and changed my cabin to one of Veranda deck underneath the kitchen, without even asking me. I called them and got my original cabin back. (I have one of the 1As with a porthole)

Today, I see that ALL the inside categories are now cheaper than what I paid. So, I submitted another form. This time I said if they won't honor the price drop, then to not just change my cabin.

Personally I think it is a lot like the ol' bait and switch tecniques. They give you the cheaper rate upfront, but the rules on actually getting the OBC are very vague and intended to be in Carnival's favor.

I don't know if I would book ES again, the last time I booked it, the price didn't drop at all. And this time it is $80.00 pp cheaper to book now, and I probably won't get that credit either. Which is ok, I have the cabin I want, and I am on the cruise I want to be on.

We booked through ES and found a cheaper rate a couple of weeks ago. Our form was accepted (in about 24 - 48 hours) and received a $200 credit on our bill since we haven't paid the balance yet. I was surprised. I expected just OBC. :D

Kim

I usually book thru a TA but booked thru Carnival directly this time for the Dream in September. I have seen the price drop twice so far & both times within 1 day of filling out the form online, I have had my balance credited for the price drop.

I book through a Carnival PVP - he is awesome - I booked a 1A Early Saver for my August 2009 cruise and received an upsell for my cruise. There is no control over what they call and offer you. I went from a 1A to a 6C (I think) and that was all they had to offer. (The cruise was very full - didn't even show up on website for mock booking) - I had talked to PVP the day before and he said it was sold out and surprised we got call but apparently they try to move people out of the 1A's if they can. I said I would pay even more than they were asking for the 6C for something better - nothing to offer.

So I'm not sure I have been any help. With ES - watch website and send in form for drops in price, (Resident rate, Past Guest) my May Dream Cruise dropped - several people have saved hundreds. You can ask for OBC or Upgrade.

Archived