Fun Tour in San Juan

JackieJ

Fantastic walking/food/culture tour (http://www.sanjuanfoodtours.com).

It was a very leisurely stroll through Old San Juan with stops for food and drinks. It was raining, but we took umbrellas and went anyway.

Our host Leslie was very informative and friendly. She even negotiated the cost of a taxi for us back to our hotel.

We enjoyed it so much, we are planning to book with Leslie again when we return to San Juan next year.

It was a very leisurely stroll through Old San Juan with stops for food and drinks. It was raining, but we took umbrellas and went anyway.

Our host Leslie was very informative and friendly. She even negotiated the cost of a taxi for us back to our hotel.

We enjoyed it so much, we are planning to book with Leslie again when we return to San Juan next year.

How much did you enjoy San JUAN?

• 4 months later...

JackieJ, so excited that I caught someone online that has done the SanJuan Food Tour!!

Can you give me some details about where you ate? Did you sit down at any of the restuarants/bars?

Going to be in San Juan pre-cruise on September 4th and hoping to enjoy the evening.

JackieJ, so excited that I caught someone online that has done the SanJuan Food Tour!!

Can you give me some details about where you ate? Did you sit down at any of the restuarants/bars?

Going to be in San Juan pre-cruise on September 4th and hoping to enjoy the evening.

I haven't done this tour but a friend of mine has. She said you will sit at some of the places but you are not in any one place for too long.

The website has a list of types of food and the partner restaurants that may be visited.

She had so much fun that we are planning on doing this in March 2011

I'm sorry, I don't remember the names of the places we ate, but I believe Leslie changes that up anyway.

We sat down at every stop. The first place there was an assortment of food for all to share and a mango frappe that was delicious, second stop was for a pina colada, third was another assortment of food to share and a mojito, last stop was coffee or hot chocolate and dessert. In between food stops, Leslie gives you some historical/cultural information. We also stopped at a store with authentic panama hats. I still wish got one!

We loved this tour, have fun!!

JJ

We will be in San Juan in April 2011 and hope to go on this tour. I emailed Sylvia? and it is early yet, she said to get back with her in a few weeks, the prices will be changing.

Does anyone know what the price was for the tour?

Wanda

I think we paid $70/per person. You can book your tix online at http://www.sanjuanfoodtours.com/san-juan-food-tickets.html.

We never walked a long distance at once. It was more of a short stroll and then either stoping to eat/drink something or stopping to look/learn at landmarks. You may want to discuss with the tour guide before booking as you do walk on some very uneven surfaces and I don't recall places to sit when we were just looking around.

Hello,

I have read about a food tour in PR ,but the only ones they have are in the evening, I will be there on September 9 on the LOS from 7am to 2pm and I would so love to do one ,does anyone know of one in the afternoon?

Thanks

progress.gif

Archived