Crystal, Seabourn, RSSC, Silversea

mtk

We are considering the high end cruises and want to know anyone's opinion of the food, service, entertainment on these ships. We are interested in the Mediterranean Itinerary and the wife needs a ship with some activity and entertainment. Any recommendations appreciated. We have been on all the mass market lines (Disney, Carnival, RCCL, NCL, HAL,Celebrity etc) and want to make the move to a smaller more inclusive and possibly better food experience.

We have been on Regent and Silversea. Regent is more of a relaxed cruise as far as dress is concerned. Silversea is a bit more formal.

We loved the food on both cruise lines and really love the all inclusive of both lines though Silversea depending on the ship has an extra charge restaurant.

The food and the service is excellent on both .

We will not sail on Crystal due to the smaller cabins and the fact that it is not all inclusive and for us their ships are too large. They do have a good reputation.

Asked to judge we would probably sail on Regent do to the leisure dress code , that said our next cruise in October is on Silversea.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on all four luxury lines with the caveat that our cruise on Silver Sea was on their expedition ship. I would put Crystal's and Seabourn's food and service at the top. The head chef on the Seabourn Odyssey gave a demonstration one day and explained the attention devoted to the meals. Their meals compared favorably to many of the top restaurants I've been to in the world. Crystal's food was also outstanding but wasn't as innovative as Seabourn. Service on Crystal is uniformly superb. Service on Seabourn's smaller ships was also superb. I cruised on the Seabourn Odyssey on it's second cruise and while the cabin attendant service was excellent, the restaurant service was inconsistent. I've been on three Regent cruises, and I think they are a definite step down from Crystal and Seabourn in both food quality and taste, and service.

Archived