Excursions

BRITBEAR

I am new to Celebrity & wonder if they offer excursions on disembarkation day for those passengers who have evening/night flights, I cannot check their website as my cruise is not until 2011.

Many, many thanks for your help.

Yes, they do. DW and I did a tour of the Everglades when we got back to Ft. Lauderdale on our last cruise. It killed some time until we were ready to check into our post-cruise hotel. Our luggage was stowed in the tour bus and we were let off at the airport, where we got a shuttle to our hotel.

On the Celebrity website, click on Plan a Cruise, then Shore and Land Excursions. Use the advanced search to pick your area, such as the Caribbean, then you can bring up the listings for your embarkation port. If you're flying out that night (or want to get a shuttle to the hotel from the airport, like we did) look for tours that end at the airport.

Found it,thankyou for the information, it saves you sitting around an airport for hours on end.One last question if you have transfers included in your package does this make the cost of the excursion slightly cheaper ( sorry I am a Scottish & tight with money)

Found it,thankyou for the information, it saves you sitting around an airport for hours on end.One last question if you have transfers included in your package does this make the cost of the excursion slightly cheaper ( sorry I am a Scottish & tight with money)

If you book an excursion that includes dropoff at the airport, you will, in effect, use the excursion as your transfer. They will stow your luggage in the tour bus and take it along, same as they would for a transfer. Or another way to think of it is that an excursion is a transfer with a side trip. So it does save you the cost of getting to the airport. If you've already purchased transfers, you should be able to cancel them.

For the record, the Scots I've met have actually been very generous with their funds, especially in the pub:cool:!

Archived