Cable Beach from the port

Soccrmom65

During the day, the #10 jitney from downtown leave every few minutes to the Cable Beach Area (Sandals included). They will drop you off right in front of the property. (Tell them you need to stop there when you enter, or say "next stop" as you approach.

The cost is $1 pp and payable as you leave the jitney bus.

You can pick up the jitney from downtown, in front of McDonalds across from the British Colonial Hilton. This is just a short walk from the docks. The return trip is the same, just flag down the jitney from in front of Sandals. They run til about 6pm. After that, you would have to take a cab, which would run about $12 for 2 people.

Otter,

I emailed this property and called Sandals directly. I was told it would be $100(US) pp. I found a posting on this site that mentioned a discount of $50 pp if you took a tour of the property but Sandals did not mention this in their email response.

We're only the Island from 7-2pm so I can't decide whether to head over there or crash at a nearby beach.

If this is your first trip to Nassau you might want to check out Paradise Island instead and see Atlantis and do the straw market. Your right we are not there for a lot of time, so paying to see Sandals might not be worth it. I am in the travel business so I get to do that at no cost because we sell the properties. I don't believe I would pay for a day pass either unless we were there several more hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Scubagirrl - just a few questions:

Is there some sort of sign for the jitney stops, or do they stop when they are flagged down? Also, is it easy to see the #10 on it? How do you know when you are at the stop you want to go to? We would like to get off at the Wyndham. Will there be some sort of recognizable area beforehand?

I'm sure once we've been there it will all make sense.

I am also interested in any info on the #10 Jitney from the dock.

We are looking for an inexpensive day in Nassau (Atlantis, while I'm sure is very nice, is way too expensive for our budget). I have read about taking the #10 to Cable Beach to two resorts that allow you to use their beach and swimming pool.

The jitneys are easily identified by BIG numbers on front/back and sides of the bus. You can flag them down as they approach, or ask to leave the bus by saying "next stop". You pay as you leave the jitney, exact change, $1pp.

Once you are at Cable Beach, you can enter the Wyndham, Radisson or Nassau Beach Hotel for free, and use their beach. Radisson has the most amenities, Wyndham the best pool and Nassau Beach Hotel is most low keyed with the BEST beach.

They are located one next to the other and you can stroll the length of each property til you find where you are comfortable.

The easiest way to grab th #10 jitney is to head to the British Colonial Hilton at the end of Bay Street. Around the front of the building is a McDonalds just across the street. The bus stops there - this is heading in the right direction and should get you there in about 12-15 minutes.

If you take the jitney from downtown Bay Street, you may get a bit of a longer ride, but to the same destination.

(it's a matter of one way streets etc)

Archived