Need Recommendation for Fishing Excursion

PintSizedMommy

My family and I will be cruising on NCL's Pearl at the end of May/beginning of June. My uncle is big on fishing and would like to try a fishing excursion at one of our stops. So far, he has nothing planned for Skagway, Ketchikan or Victoria. Which would be the best port for fishing? Does anyone have any recommendations for which companies to book through? Thanks!

I just booked with Ken's Northern Lights in Ketchikan. We'll be there in July. His boat has room for up to 6 people and he will take us out for 5 hours. Pricing seemed reasonable and he quickly replied to my email as well as called me to discuss the charter. Here is his website: http://www.ketchikanfishing.net/cruise.htm

We're also fishing with Ken from Northern Lights. He was very helpful on the phone and has gotten good reviews on CC. Looking forward to a great outing. Hope the salmon are biting. :D

Of the three ports I would want to fish out of Ketchikan. A neighbour of mine down the street from me here in AZ has guided out of Ketchikan for years; this year he has turned his business over to this son and he will be helping him starting in May. They are good people and excellent guides. link

Keep in mind the timing of the salmon run. Last year at the end of May we fished in Ketchikan and were about a week early for the run. No legal size salmon were caught on our boat. They were just not there in the numbers that come by middle June on. The run is just starting in late May and starts earlier the farther south you fish and of course there are other types of fish to be had. Best of luck.

Archived