Carnival Carnivale

CJinFLA00

This was my first cruise, thanks parents for paying for those cruises in the early years. Now we are taking them on their 50th anniversary cruise in August. I'll be VIP by then. We cruise again in 23 days!

Anyone remember the talent contest. I remember making a Peter Pan costume out of construction paper. Eek I hope nobody has a photo of that.

Went on the Festivale and at 16 was in the beer drinking contest. Now that was a "Fun Ship" I do have those photos LOL

• 1 month later...

Wow, this topic brings back good memories for me. My wife and I were on this ship in 1985 on our honeymoon. It tooks us 25 years to sail on our next cruise!

We just got back from a wonderful 7 day caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean on the Liberty of the Seas. That ship celebrated it's 3rd birthday while we were out on her. WOW have ships changed in 25 years. I know the Liberty of the Seas is the second largest one going but it has everything you would ever need on it. We won a Bingo game for a free cruise so we will be sailing again within the year!!

First cruise in 1985. Our 2 daughters graduated, one from eighth grade and one from high school, and we wanted to do something special with them. We spent less than $1000 for the four of us. This included air and transportation to and from the ship, all arranged by Carnival.

We flew in the day of the cruise (can't safely do that anymore!) and everything went smoothly until 5 minutes after we landed. The darkest skies I've ever seen descended as we turned from the luggage carousel to exit the airport. I'd waited my whole life,-well at least since I first saw Love Boat, for my streamers and bubbles sailaway!!! Didn't happen.

Sailaway was in one of the lounges with a couple of Brooklyn guys teaching the band to play "Louie, Louie" with their calypso instruments.

This was followed by same group and all the passengers traveling in a Conga line all over the ship. Still the best sailaway I've ever had in 20 cruises!!!

Needless to say this cruise, this ship, led us to an endless addiction from which shelter is sought....and found... here at Cruise Critic. Thanks for sharing the photos, the memories, and the reminder...I NEED TO BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE!

Thanks for showing some great pictures! The Carnivale was my first and we were on one of it's last sailings. Our following cruise was on The Sensation and I'd have to say it was like night and day! We had a fun time on The Carnivale, but really loved The Sensation.:)

great pictures, haven't been able to find mine yet:confused::confused: honeymoon trip miami-nassau-freeport, march 1979. first cruise and hooked since. now involving the grown up kids, booked on the facination april 2011

My DH cruised her when she was the Queen Anna Maria in 1974. It was his first cruise and the start of the addiction:eek: They embarked from Norfolk Internation Terminals and sailed to Bermuda. In Norfolk they were docked next to the SS United States which was in storage.

My inlaws went to greece on the anna maria, and i remember there were two blue and white flags on her one in the front with the cross in the corner for greece, and one in the back with the star of david for isreal, the two stops. Many years later my hussband won a cruise on the carnival, and i cried, because i get sea sick. We went i got sick, bu i had the time of my life, and now many years later after 30 cruises i guess the cruise bug must have been on her..........thank you carnival cruise line

Archived