Looking for advice on the Hampton Hotel in Boston, 230 LeeBurBank hgwy Revere Mass

CRUISEALLDAYLONG

Looking for any advice on the Hampton hotel in Boston. It's one mile from Logan airport. The exact address is 230 LeeBurbank Highway

Revere Mass 02151.... Does anyone know how far this is from the Black Falcon Cruise port and approximately how much would it cost to taxi from this hotel to the pier? I did search the boards but was unable to find any information on this hotel, so any information would be really helpful. I've never been to Boston so again, any information or advice would be extremely helpful.

The Hampton is a nice hotel. There are a couple of them along that stretch of road. It is certainly more convenient to the airport than the pier, but Boston is not that big a town, and you will be right on the border at that location

It's a fairly new hotel, just a few years old, but note that it is not all that convenient to Boston. Revere is located just north of Boston. There is a public transit station nearby (Blue Line, Suffolk Downs station) if you wish to go into Boston for sightseeing the day before your cruise. I don't know how much a taxi would cost to the pier -- I can call the hotel if you'd like as it would be a local call for me.

The hotel that you are mentioning is in Revere, not Boston. That being said, it is very convenient to the airport, and only about 6 miles from the cruise pier. Boston cab rates are as follows: $1.75 for the 1/8 mile, and $.30 for each additional 1/8 mile. The rate is $24.00/hr to wait for a passenger.

The Hampton Inn that you are looking into also has a free shuttle to/from Logan Airport. This is nice because there is a cab surcharge when you take one from the airport into Boston, as you have to go through a tunnel with a toll. That being said, you would have to travel through this tunnel to get to Boston from the Hampton Inn in Revere, so you would probably have to pay the toll as well in that situation.

Lisa63

Thanks for sharing that information and that would be great if you could call the hotel since it would be a local call for you. I really like the fact that the hotel will provide a free shuttle from Logan airport to their hotel. It's always nice to end up paying one taxi fare instead of two :-)

are their any restuarants in the area for dinner? Thansks for offering to call the hotel.

Amamba

Thanks for the information, that's really helpful. Beings that the taxi charge is about $24.00/hour and the pier is only 6 miles away, I guess it would be safe to say a taxi would cost maybe $12.00 from the Hampton Hotel to the Black Falcon Pier. Amamba have you stayed at this hotel before? Is it safe to say that this particular Hampton hotel is about a 10 to 15 minute taxi ride from the pier? Again we're just trying to find out some particulars if we can. Thanks

No, unfortunately I have not stayed at the Hampton Inn hotel that you are looking at in Revere. However, it does look extremely convenient to the hotel, and I checked out the website and the price looks right for the area.

Also, please note that the cab rates are $24/hr when they are waiting for you, the other rate based on 1/8 mile applies when you are driving. So its $1.75 for the first 1/8 mile, plus 30 cents each additional 1/8 mile. I would guess that the cab ride would be at least $20 to the pier, plus I believe that you will have to pay the toll through the tunnel, which I know is $3 for cars but might be more for cabs. Also, I would suggest allowing 30 minutes for the ride to the pier. It depends on the time of day, but Boston traffic can be terrible!

Sorry I can't help you more with this - I am just not that familiar with that area!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd also recommend staying at the Hilton right at the airport. It is very convenient, and if you are planning on any site seeing, it's not a long cab ride to anywhere in the city. You can also use public transportation (The T as we refer to it) to get around pretty easily.

I agree with the previous poster, Revere is NOT Boston, you will not get the true Boston experience staying here. It is a more residential/business area as opposed to site seeing.

Archived