Scuba Recommendations

MargaritaPlease

My husband booked with Nature Island Dive based on recommendations he received on this board and the scuba board. He was not pleased. They arrived an hour late, which really threw off our whole day. In addition, he said they were slow in getting people moving, didn't have water or a snack for the mandatory rest period, and got him back to the dock only 30 minutes before sailing. Needless to say, I was a wreck waiting for him!

We have dove with Nature Island Divers (Karen) for many years now. Always been a great operation, and normally always punctual. I am wondering if Karen was off the island for your tour?

The problem in Dominica is the short time on the island. Doesn't give enough time to do the "best of both worlds" - land and sea!

Sorry you had a bad experience.

Dive Dominica is a good operation too.

• 2 years later...

We also dove with Nature Island and were very happy with our choice. I will say the Karen was about 5 minutes late picking us up from the meeting spot, but other than that, the excursion was great.

It is about 15-20 minute drive to the dive shop, where we filled out releases and my brother got all his rental gear. I brought my own. We got on their boat and went out about 5 minutes from the shop to a beautiful reef. Really the diving at this island was spectacular.

During the surface interval, they didn't provide snacks, but we had plenty of time to walk down the main street of the town and we bought our own. It gave the excursion a little bit of a local flavor. Do be aware that the shops will give you change in local currency, but we used it to tip the driver at the end of the day.

The 2nd dive was one of the most beautiful wall dives I have every done. Supposedly the wall goes to 1500 ft. We stayed at about 60 feet. This is one of the healthiest areas for reef I've seen. The coral is varied and colorful. There is a ton of fish and other life. Weefee was our divemaster and he was great, always seeming to keep and extra eye on my brother who is certified, but still new to diving.

After, they rinsed our great for us! This was a great service that is not usually provided. Rinsing it ourselves in the stateroom bathroom is always a pain and then we have to dry it on the balcony.

One thing I will mention is that there is no camera bucket on the dive boat, so just be aware if that is something you won't dive without. I took my camera with me and rised it in the shop's sink between dives and afterward.

We would dive with them again and recommend them.

Archived