Doctors Cave Crowds busy in May

sbnuggie

Howdy,

We are rethinking our excursion plans in Jamaica, initially we thought we were going to Sunset Beach but now we may goto Doctors Cave as it appears that is about the only beach in town without going through a resort.

My question is how busy does Doctors Cave get?

I've done a search and found all the threads about Doctors Cave but only one person mentioned that it was "crowded" but that was a post from January 2009.

We will be there on May 12th, wedensday, and according to the cruise ship port schedule website thingy we will be the only ship in town that day. Soooo, how busy does this beach get as we are not the big crowd types.

Thanks

Howdy,

We are rethinking our excursion plans in Jamaica, initially we thought we were going to Sunset Beach but now we may goto Doctors Cave as it appears that is about the only beach in town without going through a resort.

I've done a search and found all the threads about Doctors Cave but only one person mentioned that it was "crowded" but that was a post from January 2009.

We will be there on May 12th, wedensday, and according to the cruise ship port schedule website thingy we will be the only ship in town that day. Soooo, how busy does this beach get as we are not the big crowd types.

Thanks

If you are then when 2 ships are in port, it will be insanely crowded. We were there last Wednesday and there was barely any room to walk. I also had someone try to place a joint in my hand and the lady at the snack bar tried to rip me off. Next time I won't select a ship that stops in Montego Bay. It was not fun, nor relaxing.

• 2 weeks later...
Howdy,

Thanks

Where did you find the number of ships for Montego Bay?

Archived