Sheraton Delfina

loveJake

It's a pretty hotel-it was my wife and my backup wedding venue if we weren't able to reserve the place we did. The rooms looked nice enough, as did the pool, and the location isn't too far from the beach, although not right on the beach of course. It's across the street from Santa Monica High School if I remember correctly. As long as you have a car, you are minutes from the pier or Venice beach, or pretty much anywhere in the general vicinity. Oh, and if the weather's nice, Third Street Promenade can make for a nice evening stroll before/after dinner.

It's a pretty hotel-it was my wife and my backup wedding venue if we weren't able to reserve the place we did. The rooms looked nice enough, as did the pool, and the location isn't too far from the beach, although not right on the beach of course. It's across the street from Santa Monica High School if I remember correctly. As long as you have a car, you are minutes from the pier or Venice beach, or pretty much anywhere in the general vicinity. Oh, and if the weather's nice, Third Street Promenade can make for a nice evening stroll before/after dinner.

Thank-you, that is what I wanted to hear, and yes we do have a car. I got a good deal on hotwire, with a coupon I had we ended up paying $96 without taxes and I think the room are about $100 more on line at their site, so I am happy.

I just booked this hotel, Santa Monica, for 1 night post cruise, will I be disappointed or did I make a good deal? Want to visit the pier and Venice beach. Thanks

I just want to clarify, that this hotel is ONLY good if people have a car!

If you do not have a car (rental or otherwise) then do not book this hotel!

Okay, future readers?

Now, for you specifically it's fine since you have a car.

It's only a few minutes up Neilson Way/Ocean Ave to the pier.

You could also just park your car on South Venice Blvd (near Neilson), and walk the Venice Canals, then over to Venice Boardwalk. It's then a very short walk to the pier from there.

I'd highly recommend having breakfast or brunch at the Rose Cafe just down Main Street if you have time before you head to the airport.

Click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=23815992&postcount=35

To see one a CC member recently reported back!

Actually I just stayed there last year. It's a bit odd because it seems like it's in the middle of a neighborhood, but the rooms are nice. I got a great view.

You don't have to have a car, and I actually suggest leaving your car there and taking their shuttle. They can drop you off either at the pier or at Venice Beach. There last pick up is around 12AM and if you miss it then you can catch a cab for under $10. I also highly reccommend the promenade for an evening walk!

I too booked on Hotwire!

Actually I just stayed there last year. It's a bit odd because it seems like it's in the middle of a neighborhood, but the rooms are nice. I got a great view.

I agree, I was just there last month...

It's not a "great" neighborhood, that it's backed up against either.

You don't have to have a car, and I actually suggest leaving your car there and taking their shuttle. They can drop you off either at the pier or at Venice Beach. There last pick up is around 12AM and if you miss it then you can catch a cab for under $10. I also highly reccommend the promenade for an evening walk!

Well, I think that's good if you're just staying one night and only want to see the pier or the beach.

It's definitely not the best option for a Santa Monica hotel, if you are staying for several days, don't have a car, and want to see more than that...

Other hotels are just much better "walking locations" for Third Street Promenade, Ocean Front, The Pier, The Hop On Hop Off Bus Stop (to Hollywood), Red Line Tour stops (to Hollywood), etc. - if you are planning to be in Santa Monica for more than one night and don't have a car.;)

Archived