Glory - Suite???

rhinomike

My parents are going on the Glory next week..... They are taking my aunt with them as B Day present. They are booked in room # 7325... it is category OS... It is an ocean view suite. It appears to me that my aunt will have to sleep on a fold out couch and they will have 1 bathroom. They paid $4500.00 for the 3 of them....

I think she should change it and get 2 connecting rooms and just pay for the extra (non existant) person. I just looked online and there are 2 connecting ocean view rooms avaialbe (1344 & 1348)... Price for each room (based on 2 people) is $1450.00...Then my aunt will have a regular bed and they will have 2 bathrooms..... Money is not an issue for them but they will save almost $2k dollars...

Does this make sense? Do you guys agree?

Are there any other perks to having a suite? Is the suite larger than 2 rooms?

I wanted to check with the experts before I gavce her my advice... Thanks guys and gals....

Makes more sense to me of course to save $ but also so each of them have more privacy. Not much privacy for either of them to share a room, bathroom and for your Aunt to sleep on the pull out even though the room might be a little large. JMO.

My parents are going on the Glory next week..... They are taking my aunt with them as B Day present. They are booked in room # 7325... it is category OS... It is an ocean view suite. It appears to me that my aunt will have to sleep on a fold out couch and they will have 1 bathroom. They paid $4500.00 for the 3 of them....

I think she should change it and get 2 connecting rooms and just pay for the extra (non existant) person. I just looked online and there are 2 connecting ocean view rooms avaialbe (1344 & 1348)... Price for each room (based on 2 people) is $1450.00...Then my aunt will have a regular bed and they will have 2 bathrooms..... Money is not an issue for them but they will save almost $2k dollars...

Does this make sense? Do you guys agree?

Are there any other perks to having a suite? Is the suite larger than 2 rooms?

I wanted to check with the experts before I gavce her my advice... Thanks guys and gals....

There are apparently some perks to having a suite, one of which is VIP boarding. Number two is a Jacuzzi tub vs. a shower.

I wouldn't go from a suite to oceanview, the big thing you give up there is the balcony. It looks like there's only one balcony room available, so the connecting room option isn't there.

If money is really no object, they're probably better off right where they are.

- Steve

Great Info... Thank You and keep it comeing.

So far the perks of the suite are...

VIP Boarding

Jacuzzi Tub

Balcony

Perks for 2 connecting rooms are....

2 bathrooms

4 real beds

ANt others?

Does anybody know the suqare footage for the regular OV rooms (6B) and the OV Suite (OS)?

Great Info... Thank You and keep it comeing.

So far the perks of the suite are...

VIP Boarding

Jacuzzi Tub

Balcony

Perks for 2 connecting rooms are....

2 bathrooms

4 real beds

ANt others?

Does anybody know the suqare footage for the regular OV rooms (6B) and the OV Suite (OS)?

OV is 185 SF. OS 275 SF plus 65SF balcony.

Sailed on Glory in suite and loved it. Would not have traded it for an ocean view. If the bathroom is a problem for showering, the spas are available for that.

Well I hope you're not confusing an "oceanview stateroom (OV)" with an "oceanview suite (OS)". The 'OV' has no balcony and is on the first and second floors of the ship. They are bigger than inside rooms, only have a single, non-opening window to the outside, but because they have no balcony the room is actually a little bigger than the balcony staterooms.

Now the oceanview suite is 1.5 times the size of a balcony stateroom. These are all on the 7th floor in the middle of the ship - pretty good location. As was mentioned you get priority embark/debark and are "VIP" for the trip (but what I just mentioned is the extent of the VIP perks, unfortunately).

Video of an OV:

Video of a regular balcony:

Video of an OS:

Well I hope you're not confusing an "oceanview stateroom (OV)" with an "oceanview suite (OS)". The 'OV' has no balcony and is on the first and second floors of the ship. They are bigger than inside rooms, only have a single, non-opening window to the outside, but because they have no balcony the room is actually a little bigger than the balcony staterooms.

Now the oceanview suite is 1.5 times the size of a balcony stateroom. These are all on the 7th floor in the middle of the ship - pretty good location. As was mentioned you get priority embark/debark and are "VIP" for the trip (but what I just mentioned is the extent of the VIP perks, unfortunately).

Video of an OV:

Video of a regular balcony:

Video of an OS:

Sorry for the confusion.... I am sure that is a category OS which is a suite. It is an ocean view suite they have booked..... So it has a balcony. But thank you for the heads up.

We stayed in an OS on the Glory last year and loved it! The third bed is not a "pull out" bed but more like a day bed and my daughter thought it very comfy! There is also more closet space and a dressing area with a make up table and the bathroom is much larger with double sinks. check out my pictures in my review from my tag line. I think they will be fine in the suite.

~Tam:cool:

Just curious- but it would depend on how this cabin was booked in order to see if your parents can downgrade this late in the game.

Good point.... I will find that out. I guess I should of found that out before even considering this.... Thank You.

:o I just talked to my mom and I made a mistake..... She only paid $2,800.00 for all 3 of them in the Ocean View Suite (not $4,800.00).... So there would be no svaings to switch to the 2 connecting rooms..... :o

After reading all of this I told her to go ahead and stick with the Ocen View Suite.... I think they will like having a balcony. It should be plenty big for 3 people......

Thanks to everyone for all of the help and advice....

Archived