St Thomas - beach & tour

beesgma

We are interested in an island tour and going to Secret Harbor for swimming & snorkeling. We are not interested in doing any shopping. I would like to get back to the shop around 2PM.

We are a family of 4 adults (2 male & 2 female) and one four year old.

We will be in St Thomas in early May from 7:00AM to 4PM.

The men want to wing it and try to get a tour when we arrive. The women want to reserve something before we leave.

I have contacted Papa Bear. They are not available for the date we need. I have also contacted Sunny Liston and Godfrey. Both of their tours include shopping and Sunny Liston doesn't get back until 3PM.

Has anyone successfully used another company and can you give me the name?

OR

Should we take our chances and wait until we get there to book a tour?

We used Godfrey on our recent trip to St Thomas. He goes out his way to accommodate your requests. I believe he has a tour that doesn't include shopping. I was very impressed with Godfrey when he said he would wait at the pier while I went back to the ship to pick up some items.

We took a tour with Henry a couple of years ago. He worked with our group of 12 to make sure we all had a great time. We toured the island, went to the the beach and then Henry brought a couple of us into town to shop.

Mike

We were in St. Thomas last week and had not booked a tour. However, upon arrival, we wished we had. We went to the taxi stand at Crown Bay to see what our options were and lucked up on an island tour for $25/pp. It was a wonderful and very informative tour in an open air vehicle. We stopped at a snack stand/gift shop with a fabulous overlook for about 30 minutes in addition to several other scenic stops for photos. The driver pointed out local vegetation and told us their various uses. We did not stop at Drake's Seat, Great House, or Blackbeard's/Bluebeard's Castles, however. At the end, we had the option of shopping for one hour or going to the beach for one hour. If you needed more shopping time, you had the option of walking or taking a taxi back to the dock. We opted for the beach and the driver recommended Emerald Beach. FABULOUS!!! We were so glad we followed his advice, despite really wanting to see Meghan's Bay. We asked for two hours on the beach and the driver was back promptly at the agreed upon time to pick us up. We were so lucky to have come across James Felix Island Tours and Taxi Service and cannot recommend his professional, dependable, and courteous service enough!

Island Tours and Taxi Service

James Felix, Driver

(340) 774-7637

(340) 344-6817 cell

Nisky Mail Box 319

St. Thomas, V.I. 00802

We took a tour with Henry a couple of years ago. He worked with our group of 12 to make sure we all had a great time. We toured the island, went to the the beach and then Henry brought a couple of us into town to shop.

Mike

We have toured with Henry for several years and using him again September! He is awesome!

Our ship is docked from 11am to 7pm. Is there a way to do Henry's tour with this schedule? We would do beach and sightseeing, can probably handle the shopping on our own. I can't figure out from his website how his day is typically organized or if it depends on the group you are with (there are just 2 of us). Can any of you give a little more information on where you went, how many people were in your group, was Henry your guide or does he employ other drivers....

Thanks for all the help, I have also emailed Henry and am waiting to hear back-- I just figured you all are faster and "less biased" ;)

Our ship is docked from 11am to 7pm. Is there a way to do Henry's tour with this schedule? We would do beach and sightseeing, can probably handle the shopping on our own. I can't figure out from his website how his day is typically organized or if it depends on the group you are with (there are just 2 of us). Can any of you give a little more information on where you went, how many people were in your group, was Henry your guide or does he employ other drivers....

Thanks for all the help, I have also emailed Henry and am waiting to hear back-- I just figured you all are faster and "less biased" ;)

I am sure that he can work it out for ya!! Let us know how it turns out! Tell him we all said hi! Sgt. Jeff

Archived