Glacier Gardens in Juneau

bluetiger9192

Are the flowers in full bloom during the first week of June? I've read mixed reviews about Glacier Gardens...we can do small hikes (less than 1-2 miles roundtrip) but nothing intensive given the ages of the people in our group so maybe this is a good option for us.

Are the flowers in full bloom during the first week of June? I've read mixed reviews about Glacier Gardens...we can do small hikes (less than 1-2 miles roundtrip) but nothing intensive given the ages of the people in our group so maybe this is a good option for us.

What sort of mixed reviews have you read? Sometimes it's hard to judge things in the context of your needs. Is it ziplining exciting? No. Did my senior mom with limited mobility enjoy it? Yes.

We went in June, and I remember the display being full, so I guess I'd say it was in full bloom. They have a large greenhouse on the property, so I'm sure they force the plants and then place them through the display gardens. That's one part, then they take you up a mountain side in a cart to a very nice view overlook. It's an opportunity to get out into rainforest for those with limited mobility. Is it Butchart Gardens? No, but for Juneau, I'd recommend it.

Archived