How early ??

wines60

For those of you who depart from Fort Lauderdale frequently, how early on the morning of departure can one drop off luggage? We will be staying locally for two nights prior to our cruise, and will have a rental car. Our plan, if timing works out, is to drop off the luggage at the port as early as posible and then deal with the return of the car without the hassle of schelepping bags and boxes anymore than necessary. I know the answer is out there!!

Two weeks ago, we dropped off our luggage around 10am. The only hassle will be getting a porter, as they were all still busy with departing passengers. I don't know what time you plan on arriving, but 10am is definitely doable.

For those of you who depart from Fort Lauderdale frequently, how early on the morning of departure can one drop off luggage? We will be staying locally for two nights prior to our cruise, and will have a rental car. Our plan, if timing works out, is to drop off the luggage at the port as early as posible and then deal with the return of the car without the hassle of schelepping bags and boxes anymore than necessary. I know the answer is out there!!

We drive to the port with another couple..Try to arrive there about 11:a.m. Drop off our checked luggage & then fill up the gas tank before returning the car to the Airport..Usually our DH's drop off the car but last Nov. my Friend & I dropped our DH's off at the pier to deal with the luggage while we returned the car..

Unfortunately, discovered something last Nov. about Avis..Avis had not signed the contract with the limo company to take passengers back to the pier..:eek: The gentleman at Avis at the car return, offered to drive us back to the pier..We tipped him $20.00 as figured that was about what a Cab would have cost us..If you are using Avis, you might want to call them at the Fort Lauderdale Airport to check if they now have limo service returning to the pier..

Instead of Avis, we'll use Hertz this time as they have an office in our home city..

Cheers...:)Betty

Thanks again for the replies. I think 10 - 10:30 will work just fine for us. Our plan is to return the rental car, shuttle to the airport, and our hotel says they will pick us up at the airport and drop us at the port. Getting very excited to get on board!!

Archived