Gps in europe???

DONNAKG

You probably need to purchase the maps for Europe which is $$$$. I just checked on Amazon and you can get the European maps for $115 for Garmin. For our upcoming cruise in May we decided to rent the gps with the car rental companies instead. Last time we were in Europe in 2007 we had European maps loaded on a laptop and used that along with a device that plugs into the usb and hangs in the window. (we had our own vehicle we purchased through the Volvo overseas program). However that is a bit cumbersome:eek:. However, we used the usb thingy (don't know what it is called) in our balcony stateroom and watched our ship sail through the ocean. THAT was cool :D

diane

Just need the maps, the signal is the same the world over. GPS helped me immensely in Sitges. I needed to get out of town and was bewildered by the maze of one way streets. Gps got me out and I was very glad I had brought it along.

We bought a Gamin Nuvi 670 which has both North American and European maps pre-loaded. This unit has served us well in over 12 countries. One issue with putting the European maps on many GPS units is that they do have enough internal memory..although many of the Garmin units will take an additional memory module. Having driven over 10,000 miles in Europe with this GPS we cannot imagine driving without a GPS. Keep in mind that most of the European rental car agencies do rent GPS units.

Hank

We bought a Gamin Nuvi 670 which has both North American and European maps pre-loaded. This unit has served us well in over 12 countries. One issue with putting the European maps on many GPS units is that they do have enough internal memory..although many of the Garmin units will take an additional memory module. Having driven over 10,000 miles in Europe with this GPS we cannot imagine driving without a GPS. Keep in mind that most of the European rental car agencies do rent GPS units.

Hank

Hank- you are the man..

thanks

donnakg

Archived