QM2 Departure from Port Everglades, April 12, 2010

Minne Wonka Girl

Here's a video of the QM2 departing Port Everglades on April 12, 2010. I'd rather have been on board than videoing it from the shore. Enjoy!

Great video! Very nice in full 720p HD too!!

Seems you were not alone...

. In fact, the end of your video includes "the making of" this video! :)

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

David.

www.portfever.com

When we departed from Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) January 2009, we had fun with the spectators on shore, who were waving and yelling as we passed their homes or cars. There was one man who stood in his back yard with a megaphone and greeted us "Hello Queen Mary passengers--are you getting dressed for dinner at the King's Court?" We still talk of it, it was just the right thing to say.

David,

Compliments on your excellent video. Great minds think alike. :)

-Caroline

Thanks Caroline... but alas, it was not me who made the video. A friend of mine (Lou) filmed it. He lives at Sky Harbour. Perhaps a neighbor of yours? We collaborate on sharing beautiful views of Port Everglades through various websites that you've no doubt seen already.

I'm a Brit who lives 2,500 miles away in California so a little extra nostalgia for a QM2 sailing! My zoom lens definitely doesn't reach that far!! :)

David.

David,

Ah, yes, Lou would be a neighbor and I have seen his webcam, though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him. Someday there will be a zoom lens that you can control from a few thousand miles away.

-Caroline

LOL... as the "official archiver" for Lou's webcam, I do get control privileges so am able to do just that... operate his 26x zoom lens from California! I was doing just that when QM2 departed, following her out of the inlet while you guys were doing the waterside camcorder thing! The wonders of modern technology. :)

• 3 years later...
When we departed from Port Everglades (Ft Lauderdale) January 2009, we had fun with the spectators on shore... There was one man who stood in his back yard with a megaphone and greeted us "Hello Queen Mary passengers--are you getting dressed for dinner at the King's Court?" We still talk of it, it was just the right thing to say.

On my Allure of the Seas Tour on March 23,2014 - March 30,2014

I think the same guy was there...

13589430845_69b94f44c3.jpg

I was onboard when she departed Fort Lauderdale in 2010 :) I presume Fort Lauderdale & Port Everglades are one & the same?

Yes, Ft Lauderdale and Port Everglades are basically the same.

We were on the QM2 2009 departure from Fort Lauderdale also, Dancer11, I believe. Going around the Horn? Best voyage ever!

Great video!!! No one gives a send-off like the people alongside the "exit canal."