Best Place to buy Vanilla in Progreso

poolparty4

• 3 months later...

Where in Cozumel can you buy the clear vanilla? I had bought some at Viva Mexico years ago but didn't find the clear vanilla on the trip a couple weeks ago. The clear is the best for making meringue and white icing

have not seen the clear...I have always bought mine in Progresso...In town at the open market across the street from the market where the bus drops you the Mayan Gold was $5 for a large bottle at a small vendor booth and at the port shops it was $8...In Coz it was usually higher..Same Brand smaller bottle..But I've not been there for a few months.

There is a supermarket down the street from the open market & you might look there. for the clear

If you walk in the opposite direction to the beach (keep the beach behind you) on the main 'drag' in Progreso, you will find the supermarket San Francisco de Asis a few blocks down. You may be able to find your vanilla there and if you do, it will be the best price. No haggling of course, this is a supermarket.

Have fun!

Watch what your buying as some of it may not be processed in the best of ways. I'd buy it in Cozumel at Los Cinco Soles it's where I always buy mine and have never had a problem with it. http://www.loscincosoles.com/mainwelcome.htm

I agree, this is the best and actually pure vanilla that is not dilluted with a lot of water and alcohol...I stock up on it and give it as gifts to all of my southern baking family! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived