Independence 14 day opinions plz

xcomet

It is interesting to see you folks from the UK talk about cultural diversity and wanting to be on a ship with nationalities other than Brits. I went to Lonon last year and fell in love with the city and the British people. I would be happy to be on a cruise that was loaded with Brits! But I do understand what you are saying as I would not want to be on a cruise that was all Americans. As it is I spend a lot of my time talking with crew members in order to get some diversity.

It is funny. We LOVE holidaying/cruising with people from other nations more than we do with lots of other Brits. We tend to avoid Europe and take our breaks in The States, Caribbean and Asia (my favourite).

Our Liberty cruise out of Miami last May was very multi cultural. Lots of Americans, Canadians and Puerto Ricans and also lots of Europeans but not so many Brits.

..out of Miami, at our MDR table was a great couple from Ireland. He was a professional musician, and she worked for local government; We had some great conversations over dinner and wine.

I am sure the Indy will bear some more of these great new cruise friends from across the GREAT POND...

Mitch

• 4 weeks later...

We are going back to the IOS at 3. July. We Norwegians like the British humour, and we really liked most of the shows the last time we cruised with the Independence. Can't wait till the 3rd.

Marit

We are on the same sailing as you. I apologize in advance if you already have checked in, but...have your registered for our Meet and Mingle roll call group? Find it in the roll calls under the title "Baha'ing on the...." and then sign up thru RCI to officially be a part of the group. Nice get together with free munchies and prizes; thrown by Royal.

Mitch

Archived