Has anybody done an excursion to Anguilla?

taxman95

We will be on a cruise stopping in St. Maarten in December. The last time we were in that part of the world was on our honeymoon in Anguilla 25 years ago.

Has any body tried to fit this in on a stop in St. Maarten.

I recognize for most people this wouldn't be much of priority, but as we will have our entire family with us (including our son and daughter in-law who will be newlyweds by then) stopping there in the year of our 25th anniversary (although this isn't a trip for our anniversary) would have a special meaning for my wife and I

We will be on a cruise stopping in St. Maarten in December. The last time we were in that part of the world was on our honeymoon in Anguilla 25 years ago.

Has any body tried to fit this in on a stop in St. Maarten.

I recognize for most people this wouldn't be much of priority, but as we will have our entire family with us (including our son and daughter in-law who will be newlyweds by then) stopping there in the year of our 25th anniversary (although this isn't a trip for our anniversary) would have a special meaning for my wife and I

Do you want to just "see" the island, or spend a lot of time exploring it? Swaliga 2 charter took us to several spots on a powercat, including a cove at Anguilla.

We were frequent St. Maarten/St. Martin visitors in the 1970's and 1980's. My twin sister and I were six years old on our first visit. Anguilla has changed a lot since then. My last trip there was in 2006 while cruising on Celebrity to St. Maarten. It is easy to take a taxi to Marigot and take the ferry ($15) to Anguilla. Ferry goes every 30 - 40 minutes. Just remember to bring your passport. I am actually going back to both St. Maarten and Anguilla for a short visit in the coming weeks. Anguilla has a new Viceroy Hotel. Cap Juluca and Mauliouhana are still very popular. I am actually surprised that more cruise ship passangers don't take the ferry from St. Martin. That would be a great idea to take your family with you on your return visit.

Archived