Need suggestions for Mexico

Dee88

I have a friend that is cruising to Mexico. They are going to Cozumel and Grand Caymen. They are going somewhere else too but I can't remember off hand.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where you can go without spending a ton of money. Any sites that are a must see? A beach that was unbelievable? :D

The individual port boards will give you tons of info. Spend some time there.

Our Grand Cayman stop was cancelled due to rough seas (tender port) so if you book anything privately there, be sure to get cancellation policies.

In Cozumel we spent the day at Paradise Beach. $12 taxi ride to there each way, free to use the facilities ($5.00 to use the water sports equipment), reasonably priced food and drinks, great service, and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN! Spent all day for less than $60.00 including transportation, lunch, drinks and tips.

But we wanted a lazy day. There are tons of things to do. Start looking now!

Go to the Ports-of-Call board for tons of info.

On Cozumel, I absolutely love Chankanaab Park! I've been there three times. $10 cab fare, $12 entry fee, beautiful place, has botanical gardens, lovely lagoon, loungers to sit in under thatched-roof palapas; can watch dolphins perform, bird & sealion show, a few shops and dive shops, as well as al fresco restaurant w/strolling mariachi band.....great snorkeling, which isn't good at Paradise Beach. And - waiters will bring drinks to you on the beach. Ahhh.:)

Check out the ports site and you'll be able to give your friends more info.

No prob. Just went on a little search for you. Go here:

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/beaches_/beach_chankanaab.htm

If you haven't been there before, the lagoon would be a perfect place for your kiddies. It's very shallow, and I really think they'd like playing there. There are also loungers under palapas in the lagoon area.

Archived