Alcohol prices

GTNE80

I've been reading some of the shopping threads. Several have praised the liquour selection and prices at a K-mart near the port. I've been to St. Thomas before and was impressed with the prices and selection at A. H. Riise downtown and liked the fact that they packaged my selection and delivered it back to the ship (didn't have to drag it around all day).

1. Is the selection at K-Mart good? Does it compare to Riise?

2. I don't remember seeing the K-mart, is it within walking distance from the ships?

3. Are the prices that much better?

4. Any other considerations that I haven't thought of?

• 1 month later...

K-Mart actually does have a pretty good selection. Haven't really done a comparison with Riise for selection or price, so can't help there. There is a K-mart about a 10 minute walk from the Havensight dock. Other considerations, K-mart won't pack and have your purchase delivered to the ship.

--Islander

there is Riise and Dynasty at Havensite and both pack and deliver to the ship. The selection in town might be a little better. I don't think the minimal savings at K mart are worth lugging the stuff back tot he ship. There's also Al Cohen across from Havensite but they are the same prices as Riise. You can buy 6 bottles per adult in St. T duty and tax free so long as one of the 6 is PR or VI Rum. Customs doesn't care if they are ltrs. or 750's. If you buy more the duty is about $2 a bottle if they decide to collect it.

Archived