Where do your children sleep in the cabin?

chaloop

Here is a picture of a quad room on Holland America. The sofa pulls out into a bed and one bunk drops from the ceiling. The bed was made up backward to avoid hitting heads on the low bunk

attachment.php?attachmentid=56038&d=1188879191

I'll be traveling on NCL Jewel this summer in a BB Balcony room with a 4 and a 6 year old. We booked a 4 person room. Do you think both kids will fit in the pull out couch or should we expect to use the pull down as well?

I'll be traveling on NCL Jewel this summer in a BB Balcony room with a 4 and a 6 year old. We booked a 4 person room. Do you think both kids will fit in the pull out couch or should we expect to use the pull down as well?

When we were on the NCL Star, they had a double sized couch, an no pulldowns in the room. It was a balcony room....

I haven't been on NCL yet, but I know that the 4-person rooms usually have either a double sofa or a single sofa and a pull-down. If yours has a pull-down, my guess is the sofa is a twin-size. We were able to have our 2 boys sleep in that, but they were ages 2 and 4 (one slept at each end of the bed.) I guess it depends on if your kids are tiny or not. But you could always put the mattress from the pull-down onto the floor if you're uncomfortable with one of them sleeping up high, like a previous poster suggested (and what I plan to do on our next cruise.) Although a 6-year-old should be fine in a pull-down, since that's the recommended age for bunk beds.

Archived