Just back from the Mexican Riviera on Sapphire - my first impressions

fishmom

Thanks for all of the opinions. I have never sailed Princess, but now I am looking at Sapphire's itin for 2011.

RCI just canceled our 2011 cruise, and will be taking Mariner from the West coast.

We had booked that cruise so DH could play golf. Princess is offering the same golf package, so here I am. :D

Now if they don't pull Sapphire off this itin. next year, we just may have ourselves a new cruise.

Am I correct that all the balconies on Baja deck are covered, or is that just on Golden?

Pat

Oh my, really RCCL is pulling Mariner of the West Coast? I wonder why? Perhaps low booking due to so many being concerned about bordertown violence. (although Mexican Riviera cruises don't visit bordertowns).

I have been thinking about trying the Mariner as I sail this itinerary at least every 1-2 years. I've done the Sapphire in my last 4 cruises.

Yes, the Baja deck balconies are all covered.

I really enjoyed your review.. and I agree that they could add a few more activiites,, or at least have activiites that last longer then 30-40 minutes.

I have a great time on my Mexican Riveria cruise on the Sapphire this past march,, and really looked forward to playing in the Trivia contests.

Had connected with some fellow CCers and off we went to the Explorers lounge, for what I thought would be a really fun afternoon on a sea day.

We were handed a sheet with 20 questions on it. Our group of 6( or was it 8?) then answered them among us. The CD then had us exchange the sheets with other groups to mark them. After they were marked, CD telling us the correct anwers,, they winner was announced.

Game over, go home. Total elasped time was less then one hour. I was so disappointed. This was a sea day,, and not a nice one weather wise ( first one out of LA in March is often not warm, so cruiselines should be aware and fill days better) .

They also for some reason did not have the book club going.

I had a great cruise, but frankly, not due to activities .

Ps They play the same lame movies over and over. boring ,,

Archived