snorkeling in Mexican Riviera?

ama-sam

In June my husband and I are cruising the Mexican Riviera: Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta. We both enjoy snorkeling and were wondering if any of those ports is better for snorkeling or if their was one (or more) where we should plan on other things! Any advice is welcome.

Also, if you have done a snorkeling excursion, I would love to read a review.

Thanks -

Ally

Last Sept we did 2 snorkel tours. The first in Cabo and the second in PV. While neither compared to the western Caribbean, they were both fun, easy, and we saw plenty of fish. They were both ship excursions off NCL Star. We just prefer them for ease.

P9280076.jpg

My wife just returned from these port and went on a catamaran in PV and said the visibility was terrible and was not able to see any fish. Now, I was not there to clean her mask, so that may have contributed to the bad visibility.

I'd pass on Puerto Vallarta and do something else. Cabo is your best bet among the three ports you listed. If you do a snorkeling tour in Cabo, make sure the boat goes to either Bahia Chileno or Playa Santa Maria; both of which can be reached by bus or taxi, if you choose.

• 1 month later...

I think that Cabo is also your best bet. You can take a taxi boat to lovers beach (I think its called) they will drop you off and pick you up later. Or do a excursion where they will take you to 2 stops. If you are up for a little adventure in Puerto Vallarta do the Extreme zipline adventure. It's kind of pricey and you have to book through the ship, but it is amazing.

Archived