orca whales???

tetons

Just curious as to where I would find orca whales toward the middle of February in the world? I posted on this site because I know there are many of us who go to Alaska every year or every year we can to see the orca whales in the summer but I want to go see the orca whales in February next year. I know the humpbacks are abundant in Maui that time of the year and that may be my best option, but I am wondering where the orcas are? I have emailed Pacific Whale Foundation and have received no answer. I have posted and looked on other web sites. I am hoping there is a whale enthusiast on here who can help me. I have learned they don't always migrate to the same place.

Just curious as to where I would find orca whales toward the middle of February in the world? I posted on this site because I know there are many of us who go to Alaska every year or every year we can to see the orca whales in the summer but I want to go see the orca whales in February next year. I know the humpbacks are abundant in Maui that time of the year and that may be my best option, but I am wondering where the orcas are? I have emailed Pacific Whale Foundation and have received no answer. I have posted and looked on other web sites. I am hoping there is a whale enthusiast on here who can help me. I have learned they don't always migrate to the same place.

The Vancouver Island resident orcas- J pod can be seen all year round. BUT, there likely are no "whale" watches running outside of the summer season. The other 2 resident southern pods, can be miles and miles away, have been seen as far south as off Ca.

Archived