LGA eating options

Bookmarker

For those of you who have flown out of LaGuardia I have a couple of questions:

Have you eaten at the Figs Restaurant in the Central Terminal? Did you like it and was it worth the cost or would you have rather have eaten fast food? Yes, I know food is subjective just trying to get an idea.

Did you shop in the Borders bookstore just across the concourse? Is it mostly bestsellers or a good mix? I will be out of reading material by then and was trying to decide if I will find something or if I should order ahead of time and ship to the store.

We have a 4 hour wait for our flight after the cruise but not enough time to tour or do something else in NY before heading to the airport so I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I can't remember the names of any of the restaurants but the only shopping I know of is Hudson News and the Museum Gift Shop. The Museum Gift Shop sells really cool stuff from all the museums in NYC.

I'm sure the Borders Books is an abbreviated version of their otherwise great bookstore.

I think using the words 'airport' and 'good places to eat' in the same sentence qualifies as an oxymoron.

A very short distance from LaGuardia Airport is Flushing Meadows-Corona Park. There you will find the Queens Museum of Art, the New York Hall of Science, the Queens Wildlife Center (read: zoo), the Unisphere, World Ice Arena (ice skating), Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, Flushing Meadows Golf Center (includes mini-golf course), etc. A block outside the park is the Lemon Ice King. The park is accessible from the airport via the Q48 bus or a short taxi ride.

http://www.nycgovparks.org/sub_your_park/vt_flushing_meadows/vt_flushing_meadows_park.html

Archived