Lotus spa?

arizgirl

We're sailing on the Diamond Princess in July (first cruise). We received an email that said we could make reservations for the Lotus Spa but it didn't say which services they offered or the prices. Anyone have first hand experience that can give advice?

I've been on over 20 cruise and 9 of them have been with Princess. I tend to go to the spa quite a bit as I've been to the majority of the islands. They'll usually have a week package that will give you access to the Steam room, saunas and Ceramic hot beds, which is nice if you're planning on going in daily. It was lovely coming back from rushing around an island and just relaxing in the spa. They also will have "specials" through out the week. One of the better ones is multiple sevices for about $99.00. There's usually a list of 5 things and you get to pick 3, so keep your eyes open for that. If you do the tour of the Spa on the first day you might be lucky enough to get a sample of one of the services.. I've been lucky on a couple of cruises and was picked.. It was a great way to start a cruise.

Enjoy

Just answered my own question by clicking more buttons on the emial - sorry. Now I know the descriptions and prices BUT could use advice as to WHEN to book services.

Hi Arizgirl, be careful because if you read on the personalizer, the price they quote is for PORT days, not SEA days. PORT days are always cheaper then SEA days, sometimes as much as 1/2 the price. Just wanted to warn you, as I checked it today and noticed the Auroma Stone Massage was $195 for PORT days, so SEA days could be $ 390:eek:. I would call the cruise line or in your case, Princess and verify the cost prior to reserving.

I never said Princess but on Royal Caribbean, they had specials that if you booked on embarkation day than you'd get a good discount on the usual prices. Some of the specials they said were only port days but when I asked, they said I could use it on sea days too. You may want to wait until you get onboard to see if you can get a better deal.

Archived