December travel- flying in 1 or 2 day before??

KCTC

Few Questions:

We are going on the Dec 11th Western, flying in from Canada. Would you recommend we fly in on the Friday, or the Thursday??

Where would you recommend we stay, for a family of 4, kids age 14, 12?

What time is it recommended to be at the port? and what time can we board??

I am getting so excited, this will be the first time on NCL, we have cruised with Disney twice. Am looking forward to having more activities availble.

Thanks for any info..

Karen

We are are a family of four.

If we are leaving for a cruise out of Florida (doesn't matter whick city) we always fly in the day before. We do this to avoide possible airline problems. But almost important, it gives me time to fo to CVS or Walgreens to buy all the things that we don't want to pack to make the checked in luggage under 50 Lbs.

It also let us relax before going to the ship the next morning instead of ripping and running from the airport to the ship.

If it isn't an issue for you, I'd travel 2 days before at that time of year. Weather in December can be bad (we're from Canada too) so it gives you extra time just incase. On our way home from our cruise this March many flights were delayed and cancelled leaving many spring break students who were trying to get home on the Sunday stranded in the airport because of weather up north.

I'm not sure where your cruise is leaving from, but if it's leaving from Miami I just posted a response for someone else looking for somewhere to stay in Miami. We also stayed in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

We got the the port around 11am and were given the number 9 to board so we were on the ship around noon or so. It was great to be on that early!

Archived