Bathtubs in Deck Nine Junior Suites on the Empress?

When we last sailed on the Nordic Empress many years ago, we can't remember if cabin 9102 (then a Superior Oceanview) had a bathtub. During the refurbishment did they add bathtubs to the Junior Suites on the Empress? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

We budget to cruise,

Paul, Gennie & Chris

16 RCI Cruises: Sun Viking, Song of America (3x), Song of Norway, Nordic Empress, Viking Serenade, Legend of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (2x), Navigator of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas

Empress of the Seas, January 2005

Hi,

I would like to know the answer to that question too. We have a Deck 9 Junior Suite on our next cruise on the Empress.

On one website it says tubs, has a picture of a tub in the layout and on another, not a word about a tub.

If anyone just returned from a cruise, could you let us know.

Many thanks.

12/06/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE time98.gif

Sailed in 9610 on 5/15 to Bermuda. There was no tub in the bathroom, and I also don't think one could possibly fit there. I do not believe this bathroom has been refurbished. I don't know about any other deck nine "junior suites"!

Hi, and thank you,

Some of us are confused because on the RCCL website it say's the JS Suites have a bathtub.

I did not think they did, but thought maybe they had added them. Showers will be fine. icon_biggrin.gif

12/06/04 countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;12;6;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE time98.gif

Cathykb,

Thank you for the information. I agree with Alexis, showers will be fine.

We budget to cruise,

Paul, Gennie & Chris

16 RCI Cruises: Sun Viking, Song of America (3x), Song of Norway, Nordic Empress, Viking Serenade, Legend of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas, Radiance of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (2x), Navigator of the Seas, Serenade of the Seas, Mariner of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas

Empress of the Seas, January 2005

There are two bathtubs on the empress one in the royal suite and the other in the captains quarters. I know this because when we stayed in the r/s the room steward informed us of the bath tub situation on board. We then offered for her take bath anytime we were ashore granted she cleaned it when she was done. At first she declined but my wife insisted as a customer request. The tub in the r/s is actually a jacuzzi. The captain just has a standard tub. I can not tell you how appreciative she was of being able to bath in a tub on a regular basis for 9 days. It made us feel good to share and offer something back for the level of service provided. At the end of the cruise she did not want to take our tip but we insisted on that as well.

We were in 9121 last year and there was a shower and no tub. These rooms are the current Junior suites. They changed the catagory and not the room. I don't know where they would fit a tub in that small bathroom. The room was 190 sq. feet with a 25 sq. foot balcony. It was fine for two people. It had a large bed,couch, chair, and a small table.We were very comfortable.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until my next cruise.

Archived