Club Hal on the Ryndam for Thanksgiving

we have only been on one cruise with holland it was the week after Thanksgiving on the eurodam back in 2008, there were not very many kids on the ship so I am hoping being Thanksgiving this year there will be more kids. I am trying to find out what kind of activities there are for the group between 8 and 12 our friends are coming with us this time and have never cruised with their kids and I know on carnival this is the best age group for activities, so if any body has done the age group on hal I would love to hear what the kids did. Like do they do scavanger hunts for the kids that are allowed to sign in and out. Thanks for and info you may have. Deanna

we have sailed Hoalland once before on the eurodam. our kids were younger (the once in club hal) but this time we are going with friends with their kids we have be trying to get them to bring the kids forever but I am worried because I have talked up the kids club so much because we mostly have done Carnival which is hard to compete with, her sons will be 12 and 16 which is a hard age any way but for the 12 year old I was wondering what kinds of things they do on Hal. our older kids have only been in Camp carnival so I am not sure if it is close or not. thanks for any input.

Your friend's children will be divided into different groups according to HAL:

PLANNING & ADVICE

KBYGv3.gif

Childcare & Youth Programs

Club Hal® Youth Program

Holland America Line has a youth program for guests ages 3-17*. Each ship is staffed with a professional Club HAL Director dedicated to making sure children have a great time. Some of the fun-filled activities include bingo for prizes, arts & crafts, special parties and much more. Each participant also receives a Club HAL t-shirt. An activity schedule for each age group will be delivered to your stateroom each evening.

Activities are offered for kids (ages 3-7), 'tweens (8-12) and teens (13-17). The program has an open door policy, which means participants may come and go as they please. All activities are supervised; however, the Club HAL Director is not responsible for any child if he/she chooses to leave the activity.

*On the Prinsendam, youth activities are offered for ages 5-17. All other ships offer youth activities for ages 3-17.

We've done the Ryndam at Easter and the Oosterdam at Thanksgiving and on both cruises there were plenty of kids and plenty of activities. I can't remember specifically what the kids did, but I do recall a scavanger hunt for the 8-12 group because my DD participated in it....

The Ryndam was a real sleeper.... We had low expectations because it's older and smaller but we had a fabulous Easter cruise on it last year and there were all kinds of activities for the kids, like easter egg decorating contents, egg hunts, visits with the Easter Bunny etc. I was surprised at just how all out they went for the kids on that cruise. HAL deserves more credit than they get for their efforts with kids and we would certainly sail with them again.

Archived