Baby Beach & Local Bus

mulvihill

Can we get to Baby Beach using one of the local bus runs?

We were there about 8 years ago and at that time we had rented a car. We could not find our way around and ended up at Baby Beach and gave up. We loved the beach and would like to return in Feb./2011. We had such a hard time trying to find our way around with the rental car that we were hoping to just take a taxi or the local bus. No street signs and roads that just disapear make me nervous!!!!!

If not a local bus are there companies available that would take us there and come back and get us after a few hours?

Any help will be appreciated. As you can see we have plenty of time to decide.

Anne

Can we get to Baby Beach using one of the local bus runs?

We were there about 8 years ago and at that time we had rented a car. We could not find our way around and ended up at Baby Beach and gave up. We loved the beach and would like to return in Feb./2011. We had such a hard time trying to find our way around with the rental car that we were hoping to just take a taxi or the local bus. No street signs and roads that just disapear make me nervous!!!!!

If not a local bus are there companies available that would take us there and come back and get us after a few hours?

Any help will be appreciated. As you can see we have plenty of time to decide.

Anne

We were just there and rented a car. Baby Beach from the pier is really a long way and not sure what the bus schedule is like.There is a main road that goes the length of the Island and pretty easy to navigate. I would re-think about renting a car. We used Amigo and were very pleased. Thery picked us up at the pier and returned us there.

The local bus does not go to Baby Beach. A taxi is $38 each way from Oranjestad and the cruise terminal. There is a maximum of 5 persons permitted per taxi and add an additional $3 each way on holidays or Sunday. Wet bathing suits are also not permitted.

As bubbachief said, rent a car ;) A compact would probably run < $40/day.

The local bus does not go to Baby Beach. A taxi is $38 each way from Oranjestad and the cruise terminal. There is a maximum of 5 persons permitted per taxi and add an additional $3 each way on holidays or Sunday. Wet bathing suits are also not permitted.

As bubbachief said, rent a car ;) A compact would probably run < $40/day.

Hi-- We paid $43 for a compact and that gave us freedom to do what we wanted.

Thanks for your replies on the price of taxi's to Baby Beach.

When we were there 6 years ago we had an awful time trying to find the actual roads. All of a sudden it would disappear. We wanted to go to the Natural bridge etc. but after so much trouble finding Baby beach we just gave up and took the car back. There are no signs to tell you what the street names are so you never know where you are. It was very frustrating.

Really looking forward to going back but very hesitant on renting a car again. Lots of time to make up our minds on what we will do. We don't go until Feb.

Can you tell me if Baby beach has been built up since we were there? There were no venders or places to change. Just wondering if anyone has decided to tap into this beautiful location. Hard to spend any amount of time there if there are no washroom facilities or shade to hide from the sun for a bit. I burn very easy. I smell like a walking coconut from the time we get off the boat until we get back on. Only made the mistake once of not thinking the sun was very strong down there. Mistake I will not repeat!! Lesson learned.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Anne

Thanks for your replies on the price of taxi's to Baby Beach.

When we were there 6 years ago we had an awful time trying to find the actual roads. All of a sudden it would disappear. We wanted to go to the Natural bridge etc. but after so much trouble finding Baby beach we just gave up and took the car back. There are no signs to tell you what the street names are so you never know where you are. It was very frustrating.

Really looking forward to going back but very hesitant on renting a car again. Lots of time to make up our minds on what we will do. We don't go until Feb.

Can you tell me if Baby beach has been built up since we were there? There were no venders or places to change. Just wondering if anyone has decided to tap into this beautiful location. Hard to spend any amount of time there if there are no washroom facilities or shade to hide from the sun for a bit. I burn very easy. I smell like a walking coconut from the time we get off the boat until we get back on. Only made the mistake once of not thinking the sun was very strong down there. Mistake I will not repeat!! Lesson learned.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Anne

I don't recall seeing any facilities, but we where not there that long. They had little shade huts where you could kind of get out of the sun. They made have had things to rent, not sure.

Archived