Wine List

Alipius

Is there a previous post on this?

The reason I ask is that, in August, it will be first time on Seabourn after solely on Silver Sea. Silver Sea have a beaut wine list and the prices are probably about what the Line pays for them: i.e., last Christmas, I bought a Magnum of Roederer for the price (back home) of a normal bottle, etc.

And the range of wines on Silver Sea is also a thing of wonder.

I only buy one or two each time, but like to do so.

Thanks JaneBP. I had a look at the posting you mentioned; but it is for non-alcoholic wines: and I kinda like the traditional sort. (And, as for doing a further search, the Cruise Critic Messge Boards do not seem to have a Google-style Search, yet.)

It may be Seabourn actually doesn't have wines you can buy at the table.

But, if they do, I do wish that, like good restaurants around the World, Cruise Lines (like them and Silversea) would publish their wine-lists in, say, a pdf.

That way, before you get on board, you can leisurely look up beforehand on the Internet those wines that appear to interest you - but about which you know diddly squat - so that you may pick one or two such new ones, and jolly well look forward to it too.

Alipius,

I have been told that there is no published list because it changes too frequently.

My suggestion is to email Seabourn directly and ask for the current connoisseur menu and by the bottle reserve lists for the ship you will be cruising on. The connoisseur list I think is available on the web as it is rather stable, but the by the bottle list includes things like an '88 Petrus which I can't imagine is stocked by the case on each ship. The range of bottles on the reserve list is about $30 to $2,000 US. Hopefully something on the list would interest you.

Sorry about that thread, I don't bother too much with the wines, so forgot the topic. If you look right below the list of pages on the upper right of the first Seabourn page with all the current topics you will find the specific forum search. I plugged in wines and then 'specific posts' and you can scroll though zillions and perhaps find one or two that are appropriate. I know there is some discussion under the thread 'Is Seabourn Luxury?'. Hope this helps.

Archived