keep watching air prices after purchasing!

I purchased our air with Alaska about 10 days ago, I was checking to see what the prices were and found they had dropped about 160 per person! I called Alaska to see if I could get credit for the difference. The first time one rep said I wasnt eligible because of some rule that she quoted, so i called again knowing I would get a different rep, this time they sain that after paying a fee they would give me a voucher and I thought well that makes 2 different responses so I called a third time and this very nice rep said so problem as my original tickets are refundable she could just "reiisue" them with no charge but that because the lower price was for restricted tickets they now be 50 to make anymore changes, no problem! So because 2 of the tickets were bought using airmiles to get 1/2 price, I ended up saving 330 dollars! They just credit back the money to my credit card! YEA

I did the same thing with Southwest. Originally purchased at a reasonable rate, and in the 3 months before we left, they had not one, but TWO fare sales. I ended up spending $230 for two round trips from Chicago to Tampa, and have $120 in credit with them. We fly often so credit with them in no biggie.

You gotta keep an eye on them, or you are just giving your $ away! :)

• 3 weeks later...

No airline these days does this "fare reduction credit" for free.

Take NWA for instance, they charge $25.00 per instance. So must go down more than $25.00 to get any refund.

Also if you have your seats assigned, BE CAREFUL, the cahnces are when the airlines re-ticket at the lower price you may lose your seat ssignments! Always check!

Archived