victory in January

kaj1436

I am considering the Victory in January out of San Juan with my two children age 3 and 5.

I am wondering if there will be very many children on board? Does anyone have any experience with this. I know leaving out of San Juan doesn't attract alot of families due to airfare costs. I'm wondering if my children will have very many others to play with in the camp.

Furhermore, I know Princess has a bad reputation for filling up the ship with locals who buy up all open cabins for very low prices. Does Carnival have similar practices? Does Carnival even have trouble selling out?

Thanks for your help.

Children on the ships all depends on what time of year it is....if it's late January when all the kids are just getting back into the swing of things at school it's likely to be low on the children ratio...but if it's early January at the end of Winter break there will most likely be tons of kids on there.

we were on victory in november and there were lots of kids. yes, carnival does discount to fill the ship. lots of people have commented on the locals being rude. we witnessed some rudeness but not like some have said it was on their cruise.

We were on the Victory this past January (left on the 17th). I think they announced that there were about 400 children on the ship. In comparison, we were on the Liberty one year in July and there were 1000 kids under 18 on board.

As for rudeness, I was aware that other people had complaints, but we never saw it.

It's not that they offer a "Locals" discount, they may lower cabin prices close to the sailing date if the ship is not full. Who is going to take advantage of those lower fares? Someone that has to pay last minute airfare to get to the port? Or someone who is already in the area near the port? That is why you'll find a lot of Puerto Ricans on the ships that sail from San Juan. A lot of Californians on the ships that sail from LA and San Diego. A lot of New Yawkers on the ships that sail from NYC etc....

Just be glad no ships sail from Nebraska. :D

Archived