RCI snorkel tour comparison in Cabo

ama-sam

Due to Cabo being a tender port, I feel most comfortable booking my snorkeling excursion through the cruiseline. Not necessarily cheaper, but it may be easier - no issue with time constraints, slow tendering, etc.

They offer two that I am considering. Would you recommend one over the other? Why? I am not sure I see much of a difference...so I thought I would check in with what others have experienced.

Thanks!

Sun & Fun Snorkel Cruise

Your adventure begins as you board the 70 foot "Oceanus" and cruise along the coast of the Sea of Cortez in route to Chileno Reef for snorkeling, swimming and sun bathing. While cruising back to the pier, you'll view the famous Arch, the Sea Lion's Colony, Lovers Beach and Pelican Rock.

Chileno Bay Snorkeling Adventure

A 65' catamaran, the "Tropicat", featuring a waterslide and a spacious deck will cruise you'll cruise by Cabo's famed Lover's Beach and past the Sea Lion colony, the arch and the towering rock formations of Land's End. On arrival at Chileno Bay, you'll snorkel among the tropical fish in the azure waters of the Sea of Cortez.

• 2 weeks later...
Due to Cabo being a tender port, I feel most comfortable booking my snorkeling excursion through the cruiseline. Not necessarily cheaper, but it may be easier - no issue with time constraints, slow tendering, etc.

They offer two that I am considering. Would you recommend one over the other? Why? I am not sure I see much of a difference...so I thought I would check in with what others have experienced.

Thanks!

Sun & Fun Snorkel Cruise

Your adventure begins as you board the 70 foot "Oceanus" and cruise along the coast of the Sea of Cortez in route to Chileno Reef for snorkeling, swimming and sun bathing. While cruising back to the pier, you'll view the famous Arch, the Sea Lion's Colony, Lovers Beach and Pelican Rock.

Chileno Bay Snorkeling Adventure

A 65' catamaran, the "Tropicat", featuring a waterslide and a spacious deck will cruise you'll cruise by Cabo's famed Lover's Beach and past the Sea Lion colony, the arch and the towering rock formations of Land's End. On arrival at Chileno Bay, you'll snorkel among the tropical fish in the azure waters of the Sea of Cortez.

They also offer:

2 Bays Eco Snorkel that goes to Sta. Maria and Chileno

Stepping aboard an open-air zodiac, leave Cabo San Lucas to begin an approximate 20-minute ride along the rugged Baja coastline. As you make your way to your first snorkeling location, Chileno Cove, an experienced Eco-guide will explain the natural and historical features of this area. The tour continues to the second snorkeling site, Santa Maria Cove, where you will encounter variety of tropical fish, multicolored coral reefs and rocky outcrops. A complimentary non-alcoholic beverage will be served to all guests at the end of the snorkeling portion of the tour.

Thanks for the input.

One more question: does anyone know if any of these boats have an indoor cabin/covered space? I use high SPF and reapply often, but sometimes the best course of action for my complexion is getting out of the sun. It would certainly seal the deal for me!

I was wondering the same thing. We have a reservation for the sunrider snorkeling excursion and it boards at 10:30 but we don't arrive to the port until 9:30. I'm thinking I should switch to the cruise line excursion too. I didn't realize the timing was so close and the tendering would take as long as I just heard it does

I was wondering the same thing. We have a reservation for the sunrider snorkeling excursion and it boards at 10:30 but we don't arrive to the port until 9:30. I'm thinking I should switch to the cruise line excursion too. I didn't realize the timing was so close and the tendering would take as long as I just heard it does

The Sun and Fun is the only tour that is covered. But reading your time postings...you also need to realize that the Mariner comes in on ship time not local (Pacific versus Cabo on Mountain time). The ship arrives at 10:30 local but first tender is not until after 11:00 local (or 10:00 ship!!!).

Last night I booked the Chileno Bay Snorkeling Adventure. Pictures on the website show some covering on a Tropicat (similar to the catamaran we were on last summer in Cozumel which was great). I am hoping for the best and am sure it will be a fun excursion.

I'll do a review when we return.

Archived