Itinerary - Diamond Princess Cruise to Alaska

bren789

Can you please advise if it is a good itinerary? The price is only $517 + 96 (tax) per person and is departing on July 10. In addition, Is Hubbard Glacier in Yakutat Bay Cruising?

Saturday, July 10, 2010Anchorage (whittier), Alaska

Sunday, July 11, 2010Yakutat Bay Cruising, Alaska Monday, July 12, 2010Glacier Bay Cruising, United Scenic Cruising

Tuesday, July 13, 2010Skagway, Alaska

Wednesday, July 14, 2010Juneau, Alaska0

Thursday, July 15, 2010Ketchikan, Alaska

Friday, July 16, 2010At Sea----

Saturday, July 17, 2010Vancouver, British Columbia

Thanks in advance.

That's the itinerary I've chosen, based on my AAA travel agent's advice. She said this allows more time cruising in Glacier Bay than the northbound version.

There will surely be others here that can answer you more fully, since my first visit to Alaska will be the same itinerary as yours, but two weeks later. The reason I replied to your post was to tell you that I think your fare is PHENOMENAL, compared to what our costs were! Happy cruising.

This is a great itinerary, as mentioned. Hubbard Glacier is scenic sailing, with the views forward- so get yourself out on a front deck, I'm assuming you have an inside cabin.

I also suggest you add time interior Alaska, to take advantage of being all the way there. The more the better. :)

Personally we usually take an inside cabin then spend the extra money on shore excursions or other trips. If you spend a lot of time sitting by yourself a balcony is great but if you like to mingle and meet other people get out on deck the viewing will be better with the whole ship as your viewing platform (imho).

I tend to spend most of the trip on the forward part of the ship while cruising Alaska.

The Diamond is a great ship and the itinerary is even better. For a south bound I'd jump on it.

We liked the wrap around front deck on the Diamond -- it is up a set of stairs from the Promenade deck. We could easily move from one side of the ship to the other depending on wildlife sightings. We had a forward cabin on Emerald deck; it was just two cabins to a crew door to the deck. Our steward said we were free to come and go through the door.

Archived